- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
Indonesian dies in Kansanshi Mine accidentBy Joseph Mwenda on 25 Mar 2017
A 42-year-old Indonesian mine expatriate has died in an accident at Kansanshi Mine in Solwezi.
North Western Province Police Commissioner Auxensio Daka confirmed the death of Antonius Simatupang who was hit by a launder pipe, causing lung contusion and fractured ribs.
“A Sudden and unnatural death in form of mine accident occurred on 23.03.17 around 03:00 hrs at floatation area, process plant near tank number 3011 in kansanshi mine solwezi. The accident was reported today on 25.3.17 at 17:45hrs by Sichisambwe aged 56, a safety manager at Kansanshi Mine on behalf of Kansanshi Mine plc,” Daka said.
Daka said efforts were made to evacuate Simatupang to South Africa but he died at Kenneth Kaunda International Airport.
“Simatupang aged 42, Indonesian by nationality working as a pipe fitter was hit and pushed by a launder steal pipe whilst working and sustained lung contusion (rupture of lung) caused by fracture of the 6th left rib. The victim was rushed to Meryberg clinic within Solwezi, then Mukinge Hospital in Kasempa for surgery but Mukinge Hospital recommended that the patient be taken to South Africa,” said Daka.
“However, victim died at Kenneth Kaunda International Airport as he was to be flown. Body is in the mortuary in Lusaka pending postmortem. Meanwhile a docket has been opened to ascertain the facts that led to the death.”Related Items
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend