- by Mukosha Funga on 20 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
ZEMA approves $138m projectsBy Charles Mafa on 15 Mar 2017
The Zambia Environmental Management Agency (ZEMA) has approved 49 Environmental Impact Assessment reports for the month of February 2017.
The approved projects are in urban development, manufacturing and processing, agriculture and forestry, prospecting and mining as well as the energy sectors.
A total of 68 EIA reports were considered from various developers across the country with an estimated investment of $138,752,909.
“Out of these projects, 49 projects were approved, 12 were deferred and three projects were rejected,” stated ZEMA today.
“A decision regarding the remaining projects was not made pending additional information from the developer.”
ZEMA however warned that “their decision can be withdrawn without notice should a developer fail to comply with laid down conditions and commitments”.
The total collective investment for the projects considered in January and February, 2017 is estimated at USD765, 023,425.
ZEMA is an environmental regulator and coordinating agency.Related Items
- There’s more to UNZA students than stone-throwing, says Deputy VC
- Allowing prisoners to vote will bring confusion- FDD
- Police block HH release celebrations in Western Province
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend