- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
ZEMA approves $138m projectsBy Charles Mafa on 15 Mar 2017
The Zambia Environmental Management Agency (ZEMA) has approved 49 Environmental Impact Assessment reports for the month of February 2017.
The approved projects are in urban development, manufacturing and processing, agriculture and forestry, prospecting and mining as well as the energy sectors.
A total of 68 EIA reports were considered from various developers across the country with an estimated investment of $138,752,909.
“Out of these projects, 49 projects were approved, 12 were deferred and three projects were rejected,” stated ZEMA today.
“A decision regarding the remaining projects was not made pending additional information from the developer.”
ZEMA however warned that “their decision can be withdrawn without notice should a developer fail to comply with laid down conditions and commitments”.
The total collective investment for the projects considered in January and February, 2017 is estimated at USD765, 023,425.
ZEMA is an environmental regulator and coordinating agency.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend