- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Oct 2017by Linda Jere on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Oct 2017by Osward Sichone in Kafue on 21 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
CLOSEHome / About Us
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
About UsNews Diggers! is Zambia’s first multimedia publication focused on investigative journalism. It comprises a team of experienced journalists with a blend of new and dedicated talent eager to shape the art of digital journalism. As a growing democracy, Zambia needs a free and critical press to foster accountability and good governance. News Diggers! will help facilitate this as we have an ear to the ground.
Joseph (Editor-In-Chief) has over ten years experience in investigative reporting. He studied Newspaper management and Media Leadership at Rhodes University under the Sol Plaatje Institute in South Africa. He also studied Digital Journalism and Investigative Reporting at the International Academy of Journalism in Germany. As Deputy Managing Editor and News Editor at The Post Newspaper, Mwenda led a team of about 30 journalists, bringing investigative reporting skills at the apex of Zambian media. Mwenda helped bring out a number of corruption scandals and suspected electoral malpractices, exposés which later led to the closure of the newspaper weeks before a decisive general election in 2016. He led The Post newsroom until November 2, 2016 when the newspaper was liquidated.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
Mukosha (News Editor) is an investigative journalist who is deeply passionate about good governance and accountability. She is a graduate of the University of Zambia with a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication and trained in Foreign Reporting at the University of Helsinki in Finland. Mukosha has been arrested several times due to her work in exposing corruption but has never been convicted, as she has either been acquitted or her cases failed to take off for lacking merit.
Email: mukosha [at] diggers [dot] news
Tenson (Senior Reporter) is a versatile news reporter and brings on board a multiplicity of journalistic skills with a bias towards Photography. He studied Journalism and Public Relations at the Zambia Institute of Mass Communications (ZAMCOM) where he obtained a Diploma. Mkhala has worked in different media organisations including the Zambia Daily Mail, Yastani Radio, New Vision Newspapers and spent three years at The Post Newspaper.
Email: tenson [at] diggers [dot] news
Mirriam is a determined journalist who is enthusiastic about the world of investigative reporting. After graduating from Copperstone University, she was attached to the Times of Zambia Newspaper where she shaped her career and immediately launched her pursuit for human-interest stories. Having Information Communication Technology qualifications enables Mirriam to delve in the News Diggers! business with an experienced hand on how to use technological tools necessary for journalism in the digital world.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] news
Sipilisiwe is an experienced journalist with a background in radio news gathering, writing and editing. She has a Diploma in Journalism from Evelyn Hone college of Applied Arts and Commerce. She previously worked for Komboni Radio for four years and had a brief stint at the Zambia Daily Mail soon after graduating from College.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
Elias who is our Web content manager and IT technician is a Communication Networks and Commutation Systems engineer whose proficiency is in Cisco software and network installations. Banda was trained at Southern Federal University in Russia and has experience in Information Communication Technology. He has since taken up web content management as an additional responsibility to his daily chores in his current occupation.
Email: elias [at] diggers [dot] news
Zondiwe is a vibrant young Zambian journalist who has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians. She draws inspiration from journalists who stand for what is right and are not afraid to tell and show the truth to the people.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- We are not a university for the poor - UNZA
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi's jersey at Day of Prayer
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend