- by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
CLOSEHome / About Us
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
News Diggers! is Zambia’s first multimedia publication focused on investigative journalism. It comprises a team of experienced journalists with a blend of new and dedicated talent eager to shape the art of digital journalism. As a growing democracy, Zambia needs a free and critical press to foster accountability and good governance. News Diggers! will help facilitate this as we have an ear to the ground.Editor-In-Chief
Joseph has over ten years experience in investigative reporting. He studied Newspaper management and Media Leadership at Rhodes University under the Sol Plaatje Institute in South Africa. He also studied Digital Journalism and Investigative Reporting at the International Academy of Journalism in Germany. As Deputy Managing Editor and News Editor at The Post Newspaper, Mwenda led a team of about 30 journalists, bringing investigative reporting skills at the apex of Zambian media. Mwenda helped bring out a number of corruption scandals and suspected electoral malpractices, exposés which later led to the closure of the newspaper weeks before a decisive general election in 2016. He led The Post newsroom until November 2, 2016 when the newspaper was liquidated.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] newsNews Editor
Mukosha is an investigative journalist who is deeply passionate about good governance and accountability. She is a graduate of the University of Zambia with a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication and trained in Foreign Reporting at the University of Helsinki in Finland. Mukosha has been arrested several times due to her work in exposing corruption but has never been convicted, as she has either been acquitted or her cases failed to take off for lacking merit.
Email: mukosha [at] diggers [dot] newsDeputy News Editor
Stuart is an experienced journalist, with a focus on business news. He studied History at undergraduate level and has a Masters in International Journalism from the University of Central Lancashire in Preston, England. Having worked for the Post Newspapers for over three years, he has amassed experience as a practising journalist.
Email: stuart [at] diggers [dot] newsSenior Reporter
Tenson is a versatile news reporter and brings on board a multiplicity of journalistic skills with a bias towards Photography. He studied Journalism and Public Relations at the Zambia Institute of Mass Communications (ZAMCOM) where he obtained a Diploma. Mkhala has worked in different media organisations including the Zambia Daily Mail, Yastani Radio, New Vision Newspapers and spent three years at The Post Newspaper.
Email: tenson [at] diggers [dot] newsReporter
Mirriam is a determined journalist who is enthusiastic about the world of investigative reporting. After graduating from Copperstone University, she was attached to the Times of Zambia Newspaper where she shaped her career and immediately launched her pursuit for human-interest stories. Having Information Communication Technology qualifications enables Mirriam to delve in the News Diggers! business with an experienced hand on how to use technological tools necessary for journalism in the digital world.
Email: mirriam [at] diggers [dot] newsReporter
Elias who is our Web content manager and IT technician is a Communication Networks and Commutation Systems engineer whose proficiency is in Cisco software and network installations. Banda was trained at Southern Federal University in Russia and has experience in Information Communication Technology. He has since taken up web content management as an additional responsibility to his daily chores in his current occupation.
Email: elias [at] diggers [dot] newsReporter
Sipilisiwe is an experienced journalist with a background in radio news gathering, writing and editing. She has a Diploma in Journalism from Evelyn Hone college of Applied Arts and Commerce. She previously worked for Komboni Radio for four years and had a brief stint at the Zambia Daily Mail soon after graduating from College.
Email: sipilisiwe [at] diggers [dot] newsReporterReporterReporterReporterReporter
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (3,181 views)
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 - Kalaluka (2,224 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (1,973 view)
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding (1,484 view)
- Forget the Damn headline, did you get the message? (1,134 view)
- Indeed, the Speaker is being mischievous on Amendment Bill 10
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10
- SA High Court rejects ZCCM’s arbitration appeal with costs
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye
- TIZ asks Lungu to cancel Forest 27 plots, says ACC must investigate minister for abuse
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend