- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Ministry of National Planning hosts French investorsBy Diggers Reporter on 20 Jun 2017
French Ambassador to Zambia Emmanuel Cohet yesterday led a group of French investors to the Ministry of National Development Planning where Permanent Secretary Chola Chabala sold various investment opportunities in Zambia.
This is according to Sikabele Chikuba, the Public Relations officer at the ministry of National Development and Planning.
Chabala shared with the investors some key sectors and projects that have been prioritised for investment under the 7th National Development Plan, aimed at reducing poverty.
He said the Ministry seeks diversification from excessive reliance on Hydro-electricity production through investment in other forms of energy such as bio gas and solar power.
“This is aimed at reducing the adverse effects occasioned by low rainfall patterns which tend to lead to low power generation, given that power is a key factor in the macro-economic transformation of our country,” Chabala said.
“The Ministry has further, outlined several other sectors that investors can pursue and these are well spelt out in the 7th National Development Plan which will be launched by his Excellency the President on 21st June 2017.”
The Permanent Secretary said Government had prioritised the agriculture sector including agro-industrialisation to drive growth in the medium term which he hoped would facilitate diversification from Copper.
And speaking at the same event was head of Zambia Development Agency Director Investments Mr. Matongo Matamwand. The ZDA Rep stated that several independent research organisations have rated Zambia to be among the most attractive investment destinations in Africa and beyond.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend