by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Zambeef appoints Roodt to succeed Grogan as new CEOBy Stuart Lisulo on 6 Mar 2019
Zambeef Plc has appointed Walter Roodt as the company’s chief executive director with immediate effect.
In a statement availed by sponsoring broker, Pangaea Securities Limited, Roodt has been installed as the agro-processing giant’s new executive director with immediate effect.
According to the statement, it is envisaged that he will subsequently take over outgoing joint-chief executive officer Francis Grogan’s position when the latter retires by the end of this year.
“Zambeef, the fully integrated food producer with operations in Zambia, Nigeria and Ghana, announces the appointment of Walter Roodt to its Board as an Executive Director with immediate effect. Walter currently serves as the Group’s Deputy Managing Director, reporting to and understudying the CEO, Francis Grogan. As part of the Group’s succession plan, which has been previously announced, Walter will be appointed CEO when Mr Grogan retires at the end of this year,” the statement read.
“Walter joined Zambeef in July, 2008 in the role of Nutritionist for the stock feed division, trading as Novatek. A year later, he was appointed as the General Manager of the division, a position he held until he was appointed as the Deputy Managing Director of the Group. Under his leadership, the stock feed division grew into the Group’s best performing division and became Zambia’s leading stock feed manufacturer.”
And Zambeef Plc board chairperson Dr Jacob Mwanza hailed Roodt’s appointment
“Walter’s appointment as an Executive Director is in line with the Group’s well-considered succession plan and is validation of his hard work and commitment to the Group over the past 11 years. The Board looks forward to working closely with Walter in his new role,” stated Dr Mwanza, who is also a former Bank of Zambia governor.
About Stuart Lisulo
Stuart Lisulo is an experienced journalist with a focus on business news.
Email: stuart [at] diggers [dot] news
- ZCCM-IH’s records 45% drop in profits - 13 Sep 2019
- Re-introducing deputy ministers will be a burden on govt, BoZ warns - 12 Sep 2019
- US-SADC launch $370,000 hybrid maize seed export initiative - 12 Sep 2019
- Katambo accuses mealie meal retailers of adding K50 mark-up per bag - 10 Sep 2019
- Mines hope 2020 budget will restore Zambia’s mining sector - 10 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (3,246 views)
- How will judges rule on Bill 10 after submitting to Parley? (2,019 views)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,730 view)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (1,706 view)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (1,089 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend