- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 12 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 5 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 30 Nov 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 29 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Kafue woman gets 2 years for fraudBy Diggers Reporter on 15 Jun 2017
The Lusaka Magistrates’ Court has convicted a 30-year-old woman on 96 counts of fraud, false accounting and theft by servant, sentencing her to two years simple imprisonment.
When the matter came up for sentencing yesterday, Lusaka magistrate Aridah Chulu sentenced Deborah Chifuka of Kafue township after finding her guilty of stealing from her employer Gemistar Travel and Tours thousands of Kwacha.
Chifuka, a travel consultant, was also been found guilty of fraudulently making false entries on invoices purporting to show that Standard Chartered Bank was suppose to make payments to different passengers when in fact not.
The convict has been warned to reform as she starts the prison life.
Ealier the convict pleaded with the court to exercise maximum leniency as she had learnt a lesson.
Chifuka begged the court not to impose a lengthy sentence.
But the court said the intention of the convict was to deprive her employer of the said money following the 96 counts she was facing adding that she needed to be a lesson to others.
About Diggers Reporter
- Chingola man kills his mother’s lover - 14 Dec 2017
- Lusaka woman in court for murdering hubby - 14 Dec 2017
- HH to appear on ZNBC’s Sunday Interview - 14 Dec 2017
- Stanbic Bank Zambia announces new CEO - 11 Dec 2017
- Minister drops Solwezi General hospital management - 10 Dec 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend