by Abraham Kalito on 22 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 22 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018
by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 7 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
by Felix Kashweka on 10 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
Journalist sues PF councillor for swindling him a plotBy Diggers Reporter on 23 Jun 2017
A journalist, Macpherson Mutale, has sued a PF councillor Joseph Tamba of Raphael Chota ward 22 for swindling him out of K75,000 over a plot in Lusaka’s Foxdale area.
It is alleged that Mutale gave Tamba a Land Rover discovery valued at K68,000 and a K7,000 top up in exchange for a plot which he later discovered did not exist.
Mutale said Tamba of Mandevu compound further demanded for K2,700 on the pretext that the money was to be paid to the Ministry of Lands for processing of Title Deeds .
He said Tamba promised to take him to the plot once the land was cleared by the council.
But after almost a year of waiting the councillor informed him that the land in question was someone’s farm and promised to find him an alternative piece of land.
He said Tamba promised to find him another plot after last year’s general election but failed to do so and ended up returning the Land Rover which was then in bad condition.
Mutale is now demanding for damages for loss of use of the motor vehicle for the period between May 16,2014 to December 2015.
He also wants K38,000 in costs expended on repairing the car and money spent on the recovery of motor vehicle entry documents from Nakonde and money paid to ZRA as penalty fee for late registration and a top up fee.
Mutale is further demanding for the money the councillor got as payment to the Ministry of Lands .
“The actions demonstrated by the defendant are very unfitting of a person holding public office as it entails and confers trust and honest upon the office holder.” said Mutale
About Diggers Reporter
- Printing ballots locally is about sovereignty, national security – PF - 22 Mar 2018
- HH is a contraceptive for unity, dialogue – Nakacinda - 22 Mar 2018
- Kafue residents rise as govt turns ‘3 million’ hectares of land to commercial - 21 Mar 2018
- It’s unfair to mislead Zambians that all is well – Mweetwa - 19 Mar 2018
- Chasaya elected African Public Services Commission president - 16 Mar 2018
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime
- Judge Musona finally views 'missing' Munali violence video
- Police release Kambwili, order him to report at Woodlands station tomorrow
- Kalaba distances himself from extravagant spending on Lungu's trips
- Our ethics demand that we respect Mr Chanda’s reaction
- HPCZ drags Lafarge to court for operating illegal clinic, dispensing expired drugs
- Speaker orders Kambwili to apologise for ‘maligning’ Kampyongo, Grandview
- Investigative journalism key to development – Foote
- Increase tax on beer instead of making people pay borehole tax – Mwashingwele
- UZi will enhance competition, lower cost of mobile services – CCPC
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend