- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Oct 2017by Linda Jere on 21 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Oct 2017by Osward Sichone in Kafue on 21 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Journalist sues PF councillor for swindling him a plotBy Diggers Reporter on 23 Jun 2017
A journalist, Macpherson Mutale, has sued a PF councillor Joseph Tamba of Raphael Chota ward 22 for swindling him out of K75,000 over a plot in Lusaka’s Foxdale area.
It is alleged that Mutale gave Tamba a Land Rover discovery valued at K68,000 and a K7,000 top up in exchange for a plot which he later discovered did not exist.
Mutale said Tamba of Mandevu compound further demanded for K2,700 on the pretext that the money was to be paid to the Ministry of Lands for processing of Title Deeds .
He said Tamba promised to take him to the plot once the land was cleared by the council.
But after almost a year of waiting the councillor informed him that the land in question was someone’s farm and promised to find him an alternative piece of land.
He said Tamba promised to find him another plot after last year’s general election but failed to do so and ended up returning the Land Rover which was then in bad condition.
Mutale is now demanding for damages for loss of use of the motor vehicle for the period between May 16,2014 to December 2015.
He also wants K38,000 in costs expended on repairing the car and money spent on the recovery of motor vehicle entry documents from Nakonde and money paid to ZRA as penalty fee for late registration and a top up fee.
Mutale is further demanding for the money the councillor got as payment to the Ministry of Lands .
“The actions demonstrated by the defendant are very unfitting of a person holding public office as it entails and confers trust and honest upon the office holder.” said Mutale
About Diggers Reporter
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- Lusaka woman denies stealing baby - 18 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- We are not a university for the poor - UNZA
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
- Bishop Joshua Banda announces auction of Messi's jersey at Day of Prayer
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend