- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Mumba Yachi gets bailBy Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2017
Singer Mumba Yachi has been granted K5,000 cash bail after obtaining a temporal residence permit from the Immigration Department.
And Lusaka magistrate Ruth Kapulo has warned Mumba not to go out of the country without informing the court or risk being cited for contempt of court.
This is in a matter in which the accused, whose real names are Shadrick Chite Mukenge alias Shadrick Mumba, is charged with unlawful stay in Zambia and giving false information to public officers.
When the matter came up today, magistrate Kapulo finally granted Mumba bail after reserving ruling on two occasions.
She said she had no objection to granting the accused bail as he had met the condition of obtaining a residence permit.
Magistrate Kapulo ordered Mumba to provide two working sureties from reputable organizations bound at K5000 in their own recognizance.
Details in this case are that Mumba, a Congolese national, did enter Zambia through Mokambo border post control and continued to stay unlawfully in the country without a valid permit or authority from the Immigration Department which offence happened between January 1, 2007 and August 28, 2017.
The accused is in the second count between January 1, 2015 and March 6, 2015 alleged to have willfully and with intent to deceive for the purpose of obtaining a Zambian green national registration card no. 40573/10/1, did give false information to a public officer that his father and mother were Zambia citizens when in fact not.
He is also alleged to have willfully and with intent to deceive and for the purposes of obtaining a Zambian passport no. ZN550035 did make a false statement to a passport officer that his father and mother were Zambian citizens when in fact not.
About Diggers Reporter
- Mboozi’s absence from court forces magistrate to consider acquitting Nchima Nchito - 20 Nov 2017
- Magistrate commits Precious’ lover to the High Court - 20 Nov 2017
- Lungu to attend SADC meeting on Zim crisis - 20 Nov 2017
- Mumba Yachi’s stay in Zambia poses a danger to society – Immigration - 15 Nov 2017
- Chibamba clarifies his “offshore” remarks quoted by Lusaka Times - 15 Nov 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend