- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Oct 2017by Patricia Mbewe and Anastasia Kasongo on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 23 Oct 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017
Maid gets 4 years for stealing boss’ property worth K100,000By Diggers Reporter on 11 Oct 2017
A 42-year-old maid has been sentenced to four years imprisonment for stealing household goods from her employer worth K100,000.
When the matter came up yesterday, Lusaka magistrate Nthandose Chabala convicted Brenda Phiri after she admitted hiring a Mistubishi canter to transport the stolen property to her house in Garden Compound.
Brenda was facing two counts of theft as she first stole on February 28, 2016 two television sets, one Sumsung home theatre, a carpet, Toshiba laptop and an LG microwave altogether valued at K25,000.
The incident happened when the complainant was at church.
In the second count, Brenda, on September 14,2017, being a person employed as a maid, stole one seat of lounge suit, fridge, washing machine, plasma tv set, freezit making machine,a cctv recorder,8 pairs of mens shoes and a suitcase altogether valued at K75,000.00 which came into her possession by virtue of her employment,the property of Leevani Like.
The convict, who pleaded for the court’s mercy, however said she had no justification for her actions.
In handing down the sentence, magistrate Chabala said the convict’s action to her employer was so aggravating.
The court ordered that the recovered goods be taken back to the rightful owner after 14 days.
Earlier, a public prosecutor read out the facts in which he stated that the complainant received a call from his neighbors that criminals had broken into her house and later raped the maid.
After police officers from Chelstone police station instituted the investigations into the matter, a canter was impounded in Kaunda Square Stage one together with the driver and its occupants.
After questioning the suspects, they revealed that Brenda hired them to transport the goods to her house in Garden saying her husband had died.
About Diggers Reporter
- Msiska invites citizens to military Independence fireworks display - 22 Oct 2017
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend