by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Apr 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Apr 2019by Thomas Mulenga on 19 Apr 2019by Daniel Chansa on 19 Apr 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 27 Mar 2019by Abraham Kalito on 26 Mar 2019by Abraham Kalito on 26 Mar 2019by Abraham Kalito on 26 Mar 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 19 Apr 2019by Stuart Lisulo in Lumwana on 19 Apr 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Apr 2019by Stuart Lisulo in Lumwana on 18 Apr 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Apr 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Apr 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Apr 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Apr 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 19 Apr 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Apr 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Apr 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Apr 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 2 Apr 2019by Thomas Mulenga on 29 Mar 2019by McQueen Zaza on 26 Mar 2019by Zindikilani Banda in Sinda on 20 Mar 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Dr Munyonzwe Hamalengwa on 18 Apr 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 14 Apr 2019by Dr Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 28 Mar 2019by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 25 Mar 2019
Precious Longwe’s lawyer irks MagistrateBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Apr 2018
Lusaka Magistrate Thandose Chabala has noted with concern the unnecessary excuses by Precious Longwe’s lawyer Osborne Ngoma which are causing the case in which she is charged with money laundering to drag.
And magistrate Chabala has warned that when the matter comes up on April 25, she will proceed to hear Longwe’s defence even without her lawyer.
This is the matter in which Precious, a former customer service officer, is accused of stealing K200,000, money belonging to her former employer; African Bank Corporation.
The money was found at Longwe’s house after she murdered her husband, Lubinda Litebele.
When the matter came up for defence yesterday, it could not take place due to Ngoma’s absence.
A state prosecutor said Longwe’s lawyer was absent in court because his mother was unwell.
“The defence counsel is not present. He communicated through the phone that his mother is very sick and he was rushing to Chawama township around 21 to see her,” he said.
However magistrate Chabala observed that the matter was taking long to conclude because of the lawyer’s several excuses.
She warned that the next time the matter comes up, she would proceed to hear Longwe’s defence even without her lawyer.
“I have noted that this matter is taking long to conclude. Mainly due to the absence of your lawyer. Mostly when this matter comes up, your lawyer is not before court and he gives several excuses. I have also noted that your lawyer does not file the necessary court notices which seeks an adjournment. I must state here that the next time this matter comes up I will proceed to hear your defence even if your lawyer is not before court. Kindly report to your lawyer that this matter is coming up on April 25, 2018 for defence . For now you will continue to remain in custody,” said magistrate Chabala.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe is a vibrant young Zambian journalist who has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians. She draws inspiration from journalists who stand for what is right and are not afraid to tell and show the truth to the people.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Ex-Barclays banker gets 6 six for stealing over K100, 000 - 19 Apr 2019
- UPND asks High Court to halt Dialogue Forum - 19 Apr 2019
- Bus drivers move contempt proceedings against PF cadres - 19 Apr 2019
- UPND will transform public universities into centres of innovation – Lungwangwa - 18 Apr 2019
- DPP gives consent for Mwaliteta’s prosecution in offensive weapon case - 18 Apr 2019
- Give me respect when you're on my soil, Nkomeshya tells Prof Luo
- PF clamps down on social media usage as youths demand Mwila removal
- GBM is detached from UPND, says Mucheleka, as Mwamba fights on
- Kambwili names PF cadres who threatened him, gives police their contacts
- Kambwili unveils shadow cabinet, drops Musenge
- Katanga explains Kambwili’s police summon; “he caused malicious damage to motor vehicle”
- Ex-Barclays banker gets 6 six for stealing over K100, 000
- UPND asks High Court to halt Dialogue Forum
- Don’t consider insults from idiots as defamation, Lungu tells Kampyongo
- Leaders taking advantage of citizens’ silence on misrule – Maiko
Subscribe for email alerts
ArchivesMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend