- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Pastor denies defiling orphanBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2018
A 51-year-old pastor of Lusaka’s Chudleigh area has pleaded not guilty to defiling a 15 year-old girl in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court.
The accused, Davies Banda, has since been granted a K10,000 bail in his own recognizance with two working sureties in the like sum.
In this matter, Banda is alleged to have defiled the child at his orphanage.
The accused, also a contractor, runs God at Work Orphanage as an administrator.
Particulars of the offence are that on November 11, 2017, Banda had unlawful carnal knowledge of a child under the age of 16.
And when he appeared before Magistrate Nsunge Chanda, for plea, Monday, the accused denied the charge.
His lawyer, Makondo Simbala then applied for bail, saying the offence his client was charged with was bailable.
“The charge he faces is bailable and he is of fixed aboard and able to raise capable sureties,” Simbala said.
The State had no objection to the application.
Magistrate Chanda then granted Banda a K10,000 bail in his own recognizance with two working sureties in the like sum.
The matter comes up on October 9, 2018, for commencement of trial.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Soko not entitled to any of his claims, RTSA tells court - 21 Feb 2020
- Kambwili has the right to criticize govt, ZNBC staffer tells court - 21 Feb 2020
- ConCourt throws out LAZ’s application to jail Tutwa for contempt - 21 Feb 2020
- Court orders release of IMS boss’ passport - 20 Feb 2020
- $1m claim in costs by Rephidim, 2 others is inflated, says Vedanta - 20 Feb 2020
- PF official gets terrorism charges over gassing (7,650 views)
- Where is the father while the mother weeps “amwa peeling?” (7,570 views)
- Gassing can't be stopped in one day - State House (6,717 views)
- Top Chingola cops implicated in gassing incidences (5,321 views)
- State involved in gassing - HH (4,039 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «February 2020»
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- PF official gets terrorism charges over gassing
- It’s every man for himself under Lungu – Milupi
- ACC probes Health Minister
- Chilubi outcome shows 2021 polls won’t be free and fair – AVAP
- Criminals are changing tactics, soldiers can’t root them out instantly – Chama
- Bill 10 has polarized Zambia – Kabimba
- Lungu renews Bible Society membership, as netizens drag him back to gassing
- Soko not entitled to any of his claims, RTSA tells court
- Interest rates rise to 28%
- Lumezi MP backs Bill 10
- Southern Province in internet blackout
- Cooperatives must be used as viable businesses, Mungalaba tells entrepreneurs
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend