by Ulande Nkomesha on 19 Jul 2019by Julia Malunga on 19 Jul 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 19 Jul 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Jul 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Jul 2019by Natasha Sakala on 18 Jul 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 18 Jul 2019by Joseph Mwenya in Kabwe on 17 Jul 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 19 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 14 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Jul 2019
by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jun 2019by Martha Mwanza and Felix Kashweka on 21 Jun 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 7 Jun 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Dr Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Jun 2019by Chewe Chishala on 22 Jun 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 11 Jun 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 28 May 2019
2 Lusaka men admit stealing bed setBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Dec 2018
Two 22-year-old men of Lusaka’s Lilayi Township have admitted stealing a bed set worth K700 in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court.
And another 22-year-old man of Lusaka’s Kabanana Compound has been dragged to court for stealing a Zambia Army combat worth US$59.
In this matter, Jimmy Phiri, 22; Kennedy Nyirenda, 22; and Derrick Tembo, 21; all of Lilayi, are charged with theft.
It is alleged that on December 8, 2018, Phiri and Nyirenda stole a bed set worth K700, property of Christopher Kunda.
And when the matter came up for plea yesterday before Magistrate Sakwanda, Phiri and Nyirenda admitted committing the offence.
However, Tembo pleaded not guilty to the charge.
Asked by the court why the two stole the bed set, Phiri and Nyirenda told the court that it was for personal use.
Magistrate Sakwanda then adjourned the matter to Thursday for facts in respect of Phiri and Nyirenda.
For Tembo, the court set December 27, 2018, as date for commencement of trial because he had denied the charge.
Meanwhile, a 22-year-old man of Kabanana Compound has been dragged to court for allegedly stealing a Zambia Army combat worth US $59.
In this matter, Nester Jere, a builder, is alleged to have stolen the Zambia Army combat on November 24, 2018.
The matter was allocated to Magistrate Nsunge Chanda.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians. She draws inspiration from journalists who stand for what is right and are not afraid to tell and show the truth to the people.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- High Court throws out Musenge’s application to nullify CK’s NDC presidency - 19 Jul 2019
- Registrar explains how Lungu applied to add the name “Chagwa” on NRC - 18 Jul 2019
- Air traffic controller in court for saying Lungu is sick and would die in 2yrs - 18 Jul 2019
- Lusaka man in court for trespassing at FIC - 18 Jul 2019
- 5 deny assaulting Lubinda - 18 Jul 2019
- Lungu fires Mawere, transfers Chitotela, Luo
- Registrar explains how Lungu applied to add the name "Chagwa" on NRC
- Independent MPs can't stop Bill with compromised UPND - Chabi
- Nothing wrong with selling KCM to Chinese - Negotiating team
- Don't beat us, tell us where we're going wrong, Minister Kafwaya urges Zambians
- Proposal to take away Parliament’s approval for loan contraction retrogressive – CTPD
- Independent MPs can’t stop Bill with compromised UPND – Chabi
- Lungu’s re-election campaign draining Treasury – Chipimo
- Police quick to arrest Lubinda’s attackers but failing to find Kasongo’s killers – NDC
- We don’t mind Chinese taking KCM, as long as they pay mine suppliers – Association
Subscribe for email alerts
ArchivesAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend