by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019by Julia Malunga on 14 Oct 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 13 Oct 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 11 Oct 2019by Natasha Sakala on 11 Oct 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 10 Oct 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 11 Oct 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 8 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by By Tim Zulu and Abraham Kalito on 7 Oct 2019by Abraham Kalito on 4 Oct 2019
by Diggers Editor on 13 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 11 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Oct 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Oct 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 14 Oct 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 30 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Sep 2019
Lsk man in court for duping woman by promising to multiply her K25,000By Zondiwe Mbewe on 8 Feb 2019
A 30-year-old businessman has been dragged to court for obtaining K25,000 cash from a woman by falsely pretending that he would multiply it when in fact not.
In this matter, Raymond Businge is charged with one count of obtaining money by false pretences, contrary to section 309 of the penal code chapter 87 of the laws of Zambia.
It is alleged that on January 12, 2019, in Lusaka, Businge, with intent to deceive or defraud, obtained K25,000 cash from Eneless Mwaba by falsely pretending that he would multiply it when in fact not.
The matter has been allocated before Magistrate Kapulo’s court.
Meanwhile, two juveniles of Mtendere Township, aged 15 and 17, have pleaded guilty to stealing an aluminium irrigation pipe worth K500, property of the Natural Resources Development College (NRDC).
The two are facing one count of theft.
Particulars of the offence are that on January 9, this year, the duo stole an aluminium irrigation pipe worth K500, property of NRDC.
The matter came up, Wednesday, before Magistrate Ruth Kapulo for facts.
Facts in this matter are that on the material day, the complainant, who reported the case on behalf of NRDC, was at work when he received a report from a taxi driver who worked within the institution, informing him that they had apprehended two juveniles with the said aluminium irrigation pipe.
Upon receipt of the information, the complainant took the two juveniles to the NRDC Police Post where he valued the property at K500.
The pipe was recovered.
Asked whether the facts were correct the, the two juvenile offenders replied in the affirmative.
And the court heard that the 17 year-old juvenile was a second offender whereas the 15 year-old was a first.
The matter has since been adjourned to February 18, this year, for a social welfare report and sentencing.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu can’t be compelled to avail Mutembo report on his dismissal – Kalaluka - 14 Oct 2019
- UPND a strong opposition party, will remain that way beyond 2021 – Minister - 14 Oct 2019
- Frivolous ‘gay’ motions won’t take Zambia anywhere – Livune - 14 Oct 2019
- Kalaluka fights LAZ’s subpoenas against himself, Lubinda - 14 Oct 2019
- LAZ subpoenas Lubinda, Kalaluka to testify in Bill 10 case - 11 Oct 2019
- Too late for Ng’andu to catch the Patriotic Front runaway train (2,066 views)
- Kalaluka fights LAZ's subpoenas against himself, Lubinda (1,130 view)
- UPND starts legal action against PF over "gay rights lies" (1,042 view)
- Don’t blame climate change but corruption for economic crisis - KBF (1,007 view)
- UNZA congratulates Prof Nalubamba on his coronation as senior chief (1,005 view)
- UPND bringing misery, they're praying against rains so that people kick out PF - Lungu
- Lusaka woman denies committing adultery with Patrick, Foreign Affairs PS
- Snake poison confusing Lungu, we've no powers to stop the rains - HH
- PF moves Parley motion to ban UPND for 'supporting gay rights'
- Police lied about Kaoma shooting, with impunity
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend