by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019by Natasha Sakala on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 11 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 7 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Lusaka man in court for stealing sugarcaneBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 6 Mar 2019
A 23-year-old man of Lusaka has been dragged to court for allegedly stealing sugarcane worth over K500 from Malcolm Kafue Sugar.
This is a matter in which Daniel Malambo is facing one count of theft contrary to section 272 of the penal code chapter 87 of the laws of Zambia.
Particulars of the offence allege that on February 14, 2019, in Lusaka, Malambo stole sugarcane valued at K560, property of Malcom Kafue Sugar.
When the matter came up for allocation, Tuesday, Chief Resident Magistrate Kennedy Mulife allocated the matter to Magistrate Rachel Mwansa in the absence of the accused.
And a 16-year-old juvenile has appeared in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court for stealing curtains, bed sheets, among other items.
In this matter, the juvenile is charged with one count of house breaking and theft, contrary to Section 301 (a) and 272 of the Penal Code chapter 87 of the laws of Zambia.
It is alleged that on February 16, this year in Lusaka, the juvenile broke into the dwelling house of Charity Mulenga and stole a laptop bag, a bucket, three curtains, bed sheets, three identity cards and K500 cash, all valued at K2,100 from the said Charity Mulenga.
The matter has been allocated to Magistrate Mwaba and the accused is expected to take plea soon.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters - 16 Sep 2019
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend - 16 Sep 2019
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them - 13 Sep 2019
- Judge Nkonde asks ConCourt to dismiss M’membe’s application for review of costs - 13 Sep 2019
- If Nevers is allowed to lead the party, there’ll be no MMD, witness tells court - 13 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (3,156 views)
- How will judges rule on Bill 10 after submitting to Parley? (1,992 view)
- Govt deports Top Star's CEO (1,725 view)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (1,665 view)
- I'm not a drug dealer, I don't know Goswami, says Findlay (1,083 view)
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Chipolopolo had horror moment in Brazzaville - FAZ
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend