- by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
NHA director of finance denies failing to follow procurement proceduresBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Mar 2019
National Housing Authority (NHA) Director of Finance Charles Chewe has appeared in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court and denied allegedly awarding a contract to a debt collector without following applicable laid down procurement procedures.
In this matter, Chewe, 54, is facing one count of wilful failure to follow applicable laid down Procurement Procedures or Guidelines contrary to Section 34 (2) (b) as read with Section 41 of the Anti-Corruption Act No. 3 of 2012.
Particulars of the offence allege that on dates unknown but between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012 in Lusaka, Chewe, being a person employed in the Public Service by NHA as Director of Finance did award a contract to Blackson Zulu, a Debt Collector without following applicable laid down procurement procedures or guidelines, a transaction which concerns the National Housing Authority, a public body.
And when the matter came up for plea before magistrate Felix Kaoma, Monday, Chewe pleaded not guilty.
The matter has since been adjourned to April 10 for commencement of trial.
The accused’s police bond has also been extended.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit - 24 Aug 2019
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president - 24 Aug 2019
- ConCourt has jurisdiction to hear my petition, submits Lundazi Central losing candidate - 23 Aug 2019
- Pathologist testifies in ritual killing case - 23 Aug 2019
- Mwitwa sues Tutwa for defamation of character - 23 Aug 2019
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10 (1,446 view)
- Nondo's defection shocks NAREP (1,049 view)
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (913 views)
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini (878 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (788 views)
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
- High mealie meal prices are an indictment on Lungu – Nalumango
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend