by Julia Malunga on 14 Nov 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 14 Nov 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Nov 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 13 Nov 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 13 Nov 2019by Julia Malunga on 12 Nov 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 11 Nov 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 8 Nov 2019
by Ulande Nkomesha on 14 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 13 Nov 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 13 Nov 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 13 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019by Mazuba Muleya on 7 Nov 2019by Abraham Kalito on 7 Nov 2019
by Diggers Editor on 14 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 13 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 12 Nov 2019by Diggers Editor on 10 Nov 2019
- Guest Diggers
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Natasha Sakala on 8 Nov 2019by Felix Kashweka on 4 Oct 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 28 Sep 2019by Douty Chibamba on 25 Sep 2019
Attempted murder-accused Kaoma UPND chair gets bailBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2019
The Kaoma Magistrates’ Court has granted Kaoma District UPND youth chairman Chola Simwawa K20,000 bail in his own recognizance in a matter he is accused of attempting to murder a suspected PF member.
It is alleged that on October 6, this year in Kaoma, Simwana attempted to murder Gift Simangolwa using a gun.
And when the matter came up, Tuesday, Kaoma Magistrate Hampunga explained the charge to Simwawa to which he said he understood.
Magistrate Hampunga then informed Simwawa that he would only be appearing before the court for mention, awaiting instructions from the Director of Public prosecutions (DPP) to have the case committed to the High Court for trail.
The lawyer representing the accused, Cornelius Mweetwa, then applied for bail, saying the accused was unwell.
The court granted Simwawa K20,000 bail in his own recognizance, with two working sureties bound in the like sum.
The matter comes up on October 28, this year, for mention.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- CK gets another defamation of the president charge - 14 Nov 2019
- High Court orders a trial within trial in Benny Zulu’s murder case - 13 Nov 2019
- ZNBC journalist testifies in Kambwili’s racial remarks case - 13 Nov 2019
- Chilangwa’s wife appears in court for forgery - 13 Nov 2019
- Apex lecturer denies making sexual advances on 2 students - 12 Nov 2019
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both (6,639 views)
- Electoral violence inquiry report implicates Mumbi Phiri, Frank Bwalya, Mwata Kazembe (3,339 views)
- DEC summons Amos Chanda for questioning (2,583 views)
- Power deficit has worsened load shedding beyond 15hrs - Zesco (1,470 view)
- Yes, Zambia’s debt is criminal! (1,260 view)
- There’re 2 Lungus in State House, we met them both
- I'm at the bottom but God has a plan, says Mutati as Nevers meets Lungu
- HH among directors of company seeking to mine in Lower Zambezi - Musukwa tells parley
- Govt cancelled presidential jet purchase due to austerity measures – Wina
- ConCourt ruling on ex-ministers different from my 2021 eligibility, this one is questionable - Lungu
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend