by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Fake news attributed to News Diggers!By Diggers Editor on 28 Aug 2017
Ever since President Edgar Lungu travelled to Mfuwe on holiday, there have been numerous claims and speculations suggesting that the Head of State intends to make reshuffles to his Cabinet and government at large.
First of all the President is not even in Mfuwe! but further in North Luangwa, News Diggers! has learnt.
The first speculation we received was that upon arrival in Mfuwe from South Africa, President Lungu ordered that the Ministers he travelled with there to go back to Lusaka including his press aide Amos Chanda.
Upon verifying the information, News Diggers! learnt that President Lungu offered a lift on the Challenger Jet to Ministers Lucky Mulusa, Stephen Kampyongo, Dr Chitalu Chilufya and Harry Kalaba among others, to travel with him from South Africa to Lusaka via Mfuwe.
Mr. Amos Chanda had earlier travelled on a commercial flight from Johannesburg to Lusaka.
The President remained there while the Ministers, proceeded to Lusaka.
We have not been able to reach Mr Chanda to find out why he is not with the President in Mfuwe, but News Diggers! can confirm that the press aide as well as political advisor Kaizer Zulu have in the past been left behind of several trips made by the Head of State.
We received another strong rumour that President Lungu had dismissed Zambia’s High Commissioner to South Africa, Emmanuel Mwamba over the failed meeting between the Head of State and Julius Malema and Mmusi Maimane.
When we contacted High Commissioner Mwamba, he told us that he had not received any information or letter to that effect.
We note that the speculation that President Lungu is making significant changes to government has been refuelled by a recent article attributed to News Diggers! with over 30 names of those that have reportedly been appointed, fired, reshuffled or replaced.
We wish to inform the public that the article in question has not been published by any of our staff.
It is False News and it should be treated as such. News Diggers! is a responsible and professional media house that takes time to verify facts before publishing.
Should the President announce any changes to government, News Diggers! will inform its readers accordingly without delay.
About Diggers Editor
The Editor of News Diggers gets to decide what is published.
Email: editor [at] diggers [dot] news.
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost - 20 Sep 2019
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down - 19 Sep 2019
- Sit down Mr Findlay - 18 Sep 2019
- Siame’s dismissal a small victory for voices of reason - 17 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay - 16 Sep 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (12,202 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (1,974 view)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,776 view)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,293 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (988 views)
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend