- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
U-20 storms COSAFA final, aim for 11th title.By Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2016
Zambia has reached the COSAFA youth championship finals after a hard-fought victory against fellow title contenders Democratic Republic of Congo.
A 37th minute strike by Zanaco in-form Zanaco striker Fashion Sakala, his fourth of the tournament, put the Beston Chambeshi tutored side ahead.
DR Congo’s Chadrack Lukombe capitalized on poor defending by Zambia with a volley and equalized for his team three minutes before half time.
The young Chipolopolo sealed victory in the 77th minute after man of the match Boyd Musonda’s cracker from a free kick to set up a date with hosts South Africa who walloped Angola 5-0.
And speaking after the match U-20 head coach Beston Chambeshi said he was happy with the team spirit showed by his lads and assured victory in the final.
“We have a good team that we are building for the Youth championship that Zambia is hosting next year and this is good preparation to gauge the team’s performance. They have applied themselves well and we are certain of a good result in the final,” said Chambeshi.
Meanwhile losing DR Congo’s coach Otis N’goma Kondi said his team put up a good performance but Zambia was the better team on the day and had the ability to conquer Africa if their core was maintained.
Zambia is enjoying perfect performance at the tournament winning all four games, scoring twelve in the process and only conceding two heading into the final with an aim of an eleventh title to cement their dominance in the region.
Zambia will host the Africa Youth Championship early next year and is using the COSAFA championships to prepare for the tournament.
About Diggers Reporter
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC - 20 Aug 2017
- Resolve differences around Zambia-Canada Foreign and Investment Promotion Agreement - 20 Aug 2017
- Is Wedson quitting Chipolopolo? - 19 Aug 2017
- Bafana will fall, Shonga - 18 Aug 2017
- Lusaka Pastor gets 8yrs for defrauding residents - 18 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend