by Abraham Kalito on 22 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 22 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 22 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 21 Mar 2018by Nancy Moonga on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018
by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Reporter on 7 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
by Felix Kashweka on 10 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 2 Mar 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018by Felix Kashweka on 24 Feb 2018
- Guest Diggers
U-20 storms COSAFA final, aim for 11th title.By Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2016
Zambia has reached the COSAFA youth championship finals after a hard-fought victory against fellow title contenders Democratic Republic of Congo.
A 37th minute strike by Zanaco in-form Zanaco striker Fashion Sakala, his fourth of the tournament, put the Beston Chambeshi tutored side ahead.
DR Congo’s Chadrack Lukombe capitalized on poor defending by Zambia with a volley and equalized for his team three minutes before half time.
The young Chipolopolo sealed victory in the 77th minute after man of the match Boyd Musonda’s cracker from a free kick to set up a date with hosts South Africa who walloped Angola 5-0.
And speaking after the match U-20 head coach Beston Chambeshi said he was happy with the team spirit showed by his lads and assured victory in the final.
“We have a good team that we are building for the Youth championship that Zambia is hosting next year and this is good preparation to gauge the team’s performance. They have applied themselves well and we are certain of a good result in the final,” said Chambeshi.
Meanwhile losing DR Congo’s coach Otis N’goma Kondi said his team put up a good performance but Zambia was the better team on the day and had the ability to conquer Africa if their core was maintained.
Zambia is enjoying perfect performance at the tournament winning all four games, scoring twelve in the process and only conceding two heading into the final with an aim of an eleventh title to cement their dominance in the region.
Zambia will host the Africa Youth Championship early next year and is using the COSAFA championships to prepare for the tournament.
About Diggers Reporter
- Printing ballots locally is about sovereignty, national security – PF - 22 Mar 2018
- HH is a contraceptive for unity, dialogue – Nakacinda - 22 Mar 2018
- Kafue residents rise as govt turns ‘3 million’ hectares of land to commercial - 21 Mar 2018
- It’s unfair to mislead Zambians that all is well – Mweetwa - 19 Mar 2018
- Chasaya elected African Public Services Commission president - 16 Mar 2018
- Police arrest Kambwili, slap him with 37 counts of having money suspected to be proceeds of crime
- Kalaba distances himself from extravagant spending on Lungu's trips
- KBF is nothing but a mercenary in the eyes of the PF leadership
- Judge Musona finally views 'missing' Munali violence video
- Father kills son, daughter, before committing suicide
- HPCZ drags Lafarge to court for operating illegal clinic, dispensing expired drugs
- Speaker orders Kambwili to apologise for ‘maligning’ Kampyongo, Grandview
- Investigative journalism key to development – Foote
- Increase tax on beer instead of making people pay borehole tax – Mwashingwele
- UZi will enhance competition, lower cost of mobile services – CCPC
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend