- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 13 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
City wallops Mufulira WanderersBy Diggers Reporter on 17 Apr 2017
Promoted City of Lusaka on this afternoon picked up their first win of the 2017 FAZ Super Division season after a 4-1 away win over Mufulira Wanderers at Shinde Stadium in Mufulira.
The defeat was Wanderers’ second on the trot with two rounds of league games played after they were routed 3-0 away at Green Buffaloes on April 8 in Lusaka.
City on the other hand bounced back after losing 1-0 at home to Green Eagles in Week 1 on the same date.
And City were not troubled by Wanderers and took a 2-0 lead into the break thanks to goals by Noel Phiri in the 7th minute and Clement Mundia in the 27th minute.
The Woodlands side made it 3-0 in the 49th minute through captain Roy Sakwanda before a storm hit Shinde leaving the pitch waterlogged.
Wanderers seemingly capitalised on the conditions and striker Rhaim Osumanu cut City’s lead in the 52nd minute to make it 3-1.
Osumanu could have added a brace for Wanderers in the 55th minute but his long-range shot came off the post.
City then put the result beyond doubt in the 62st minute through Dominic Mulenshi to confine Wanderers to the bottom of the table on zero points after two rounds of matches played.
About Diggers Reporter
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
- Lusaka woman denies stealing baby - 18 Oct 2017
- Woman in court for burning daughter over K7 - 18 Oct 2017
- Residential plots under Zesco poles shock Kapata - 14 Oct 2017
- Benos and Reeves fought over his accusations of cheating – Witness - 13 Oct 2017
- Forgive me, I didn't know what I was doing when i declared October 18 a day of prayer - Lungu
- Kambwili tones down: "I'm off politicking for now"
- Stop using criminal justice system to target critics, Amnesty International tells Lungu
- National Day of Prayer has divided the nation – Kabimba
- It was a PF provincial rally not a day of prayer - Kambwili
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend