- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Chipolopolo ranks 98 on latest FIFA rankingsBy Diggers Reporter on 5 May 2017
Zambia are the third best team in their 2019 AFCON Group K qualifiers on the latest FIFA rankings released on Thursday.
Guinea Bissau, Mozambique and Namibia will battle Zambia for that lone qualifying top spot for the 2019 finals in Cameroon in Group K.
Interestingly, Namibia are the highest ranked team at number 94 in the World tied with Guinea Bissau.
Zambia are at number 98 after falling one place on the May rankings.
Mozambique, whom Zambia host in their opening Group qualifier on June 10, are at number 105.
And Zambia’s 2018 FIFA World Cup Group B opponents Cameroon, Nigeria and Algeria are 33rd, 40th and 54th in the World respectively.
The next rankings will be released nine days before the home leg qualifier on June 1.
Meanwhile, Swaziland who face Zambia in the 2018 CAF African Nations Championship (CHAN) qualifiers in July are at number 88 in the World.
Swaziland have never qualified to the Africa Cup or the CHAN tournament.
CHAN is the second tier AFCON tournament for home-based players.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Castle Lager postpones 2020 Africa 5s due to COVID-19 - 27 Mar 2020
- Police nab ‘Spax’ for murder - 2 Mar 2020
- Mazabuka mob drags suspect out of hospital, kills him - 20 Feb 2020
- Cops sustain injuries in N/West riots - 1 Feb 2020
- Vedanta warns Milingo against defying court order, selling mine assets - 29 Jan 2020
- Zambia's COVID-19 cases jump to 35 (28,185 views)
- Govt identifies Chaisa, Jack Compound, Ibex Hill as COVID-19 hot zones (27,688 views)
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish! (14,506 views)
- High Court keeps Spax in jail (10,402 views)
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29 (7,366 views)
- COVID-19 leaves PF general conference in limbo
- Correctional Services mulls release of inmates due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Swabs have become a rare commodity, laments public national health institute
- Katuka denies ordering youth punch-up at UPND secretariat
- MISA asks ECZ to expedite dismantling of 2016 debt owed to media houses
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «March 2020»
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
Send this to a friend