- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Oct 2017by Patricia Mbewe and Anastasia Kasongo on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Mukosha Funga on 23 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 23 Oct 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017
Under-pressure Saileti relieved after Nkana winBy Diggers Reporter on 15 May 2017
Nkana coach Zeddy Saileti believes his side’s home win over promoted City of Lusaka on Sunday is a turning point for the struggling giants.
The record 12-time champions beat promoted City 1-0 at Nkana stadium in Kitwe to lift some pressure on Saileti who had picked up just 5 points from his first five games in charge since his appointment this season.
This situation saw him slapped with a three-match ultimatum and delivered in the first game with a home victory.
“What is important at the moment are the 3 points. That’s it,” Saileti said.
“It doesn’t matter how you play but we will forge ahead. Of course if you win, it will motivate the players. It is a turning point for us.”
Defender Diego Apanene scored the lone goal in the 32nd minute.
The win was only Nkana’s second of the season and lifts them from 15th to 11th on the table on 8 points from six matches played so far in the 2017 season.
Nkana are now six points behind leaders Lumwana Radiants.
Lumwana won 1-0 away at Nakambala Leopards on Sunday to stay unbeaten from six games on 14 points, three more than second placed Zesco United.
About Diggers Reporter
- Msiska invites citizens to military Independence fireworks display - 22 Oct 2017
- Arresting officer blacks out after being called to testify against Precious Longwe - 20 Oct 2017
- Simbyakula distances himself from election violence document - 20 Oct 2017
- UPND should stop deceiving people that they are the ones delivering development in their strongholds – Mwila - 19 Oct 2017
- Court jails 3 Zimbabweans for illegal possession of emeralds - 18 Oct 2017
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend