by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 20 Jan 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Jan 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 18 Jan 2018
by Diggers Reporter on 18 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 17 Jan 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Felix Kashweka on 13 Jan 2018by Diggers Admin on 11 Jan 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 6 Jan 2018by Felix Kashweka on 31 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Jan 2018by Nachilala Nkombo on 20 Jan 2018by Chibamba Kanyama on 16 Jan 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 15 Jan 2018
Under-pressure Saileti relieved after Nkana winBy Diggers Reporter on 15 May 2017
Nkana coach Zeddy Saileti believes his side’s home win over promoted City of Lusaka on Sunday is a turning point for the struggling giants.
The record 12-time champions beat promoted City 1-0 at Nkana stadium in Kitwe to lift some pressure on Saileti who had picked up just 5 points from his first five games in charge since his appointment this season.
This situation saw him slapped with a three-match ultimatum and delivered in the first game with a home victory.
“What is important at the moment are the 3 points. That’s it,” Saileti said.
“It doesn’t matter how you play but we will forge ahead. Of course if you win, it will motivate the players. It is a turning point for us.”
Defender Diego Apanene scored the lone goal in the 32nd minute.
The win was only Nkana’s second of the season and lifts them from 15th to 11th on the table on 8 points from six matches played so far in the 2017 season.
Nkana are now six points behind leaders Lumwana Radiants.
Lumwana won 1-0 away at Nakambala Leopards on Sunday to stay unbeaten from six games on 14 points, three more than second placed Zesco United.
About Diggers Reporter
- Judge recuses self from hearing M’membe’s case over Post liquidation - 18 Jan 2018
- M’membe challenges Post liquidation, sues ZRA - 17 Jan 2018
- Magistrate commits 11 to High Court for aggravated robbery trial - 17 Jan 2018
- Juvenile pleads not guilty to rape - 17 Jan 2018
- Boy, 16, in court for raping 25-year-old - 16 Jan 2018
- Govt, UNHCR relocates refugees to Mantapala
- The solution is prayer! Understanding Sumaili’s response to the cholera crisis
- Ethiopian Airlines will be the real beneficiary of Zambia Airways – Chibamba
- Threats to ban Facebook an affront to democracy – Panos
- Hamukale survives accident, juvenile sustains injuries
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend