- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018
- Goal Diggers
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jan 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 19 Jan 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Jan 2018
- by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jan 2018by Mukosha Funga on 23 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 23 Jan 2018by Diggers Reporter on 18 Jan 2018
- Editor's Choice
- by Felix Kashweka on 13 Jan 2018by Diggers Admin on 11 Jan 2018by Tenson Mkhala on 6 Jan 2018by Felix Kashweka on 31 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 22 Jan 2018by Dr Charles Sinkala on 22 Jan 2018by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 22 Jan 2018by Nachilala Nkombo on 20 Jan 2018
Full Time; Zambia 0-1 Costa RicaBy Joseph Mwenda on 27 May 2017
Zambia lost to Costa Rica by a goal to nil.
Chipolopolo conceded another penalty to Costa Rica in the 65 15th minute in the FIFA Under-20 World Cup game played in Jeju, South Korea.
Chipolopolo defender Moses Nyondo fouled in the box, granting Costa Rica’s Jostin Daly an opportunity to convert from the spot. Goalkeeper Mangani Banda saved the first attempt of the penalty, but the defenders where not fast enough to stop the rebound.
Costa Rica was gifted another penalty in the second half, but Banda stopped it.
The Junior Chipolopolo boys managed to score through Patson Daka in the 89th minute but the video assisted referee disallowed it after several minutes on ground that Daka was offside.
Despite the loss, Zambia still progress to the round of 16 of the World Cup tournament.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Leakages are proof that civil servants are unhappy – Namulambe - 22 Jan 2018
- My dismissal from PSPF was strange, explains Dr Mwiinga - 19 Jan 2018
- Govt withholds salaries for FIC employees - 17 Jan 2018
- Lungu fires Pension Fund boss Mwiinga, against Board’s recommendation - 11 Jan 2018
- Lusambo renews his praise for Lungu, love for PF - 9 Jan 2018
- Lungu's theft not new; he started stealing as a lawyer - HH
- PF cadres attack Kambwili's supporters at Central Police
- Miyanda asks ConCourt to declare that Lungu breached Constitution by threatening judges
- Nawakwi wonders how Antonio will switch from calling PF thieves
- Antonio too young for politics of the belly
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesFeb0 PostsMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «January 2018»
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend