- by Mukosha Funga on 22 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 22 Oct 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Oct 2017by William Chileshe on 22 Oct 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 21 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Oct 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 17 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Oct 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Oct 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Oct 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Oct 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by By Dr Canisius Banda on 9 Oct 2017by Brig Gen Godfrey Miyanda on 3 Oct 2017by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017
- by Joseph Mwenda on 19 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Oct 2017by Aleksander Pichkur on 16 Oct 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Oct 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Zambia bow out of U-20 World Cup with respectBy Joseph Mwenda on 5 Jun 2017
Zambia has lost to 10-man Italy by three goals to two in a grueling Under 20 FIFA World Cup encounter in South Korea.
Although the Chipolopolo Boys led twice in the game, Italy came from behind twice and went on to grab a winner in the second half of extra time to settle a 2-2 dispute after 90 minutes.
Patson Daka opened the scoreline in the 4th minute, a lead which Chipolopolo sustained but only until the first half, as Italy levelled in the 50th minute from a close range header.
Fashion Sakala scored a second for Zambia in the 84th minute to take Chipolopolo ahead for the second time in the quarter final encounter.
But Italy’s Dimarco levelled four minutes later from a free kick, despite the European being one man short due to an earlier foul.
The two teams had to get into extra time to settle the draw as they both chased a debut semi-final appearance.
Despite Zambia firing a whooping 19 shots on target, Italy managed to get a late winner from a corner kick to break Zambian hearts.
Although the junior Chipolopolo boys are out of the tournament, they will leave Korea commanding more respect having been the only African country to make it thus far.
Zambia beat Iran, Portugal, Germany and lost to Costa Rica before facing Italy.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Meditating or snoring? Musenge’s prayer position sparks debate - 19 Oct 2017
- Lungu heads to Congo Brazzaville, then Ivory Coast - 16 Oct 2017
- Lusaka wife stabs hubby to death in his sleep - 15 Oct 2017
- Our fire tenders look like wheelbarrows – Minister - 15 Oct 2017
- Police arrest 17 for burning Mufumbwe police station - 15 Oct 2017
- ConCourt was inconsistent in handling Presidential Petition - JCC
- MP pins Mabumba on low fuel prices during elections
- Come in numbers, Kanyama rally is on - GBM
- Until Jesus comes, UPND will never produce a President - Mwila
- VP says Mulusa will be disciplined for likening fire tenders to wheelbarrows
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «October 2017»
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend