by Abraham Kalito on 18 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 18 Jul 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 18 Jul 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 18 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 17 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 16 Jul 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Jul 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Jul 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Percy Chanda, UPND on 15 Jun 2018by Elias Munshya on 11 Jun 2018by Akashambatwa Mbikusita-Lewanika on 31 May 2018by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 May 2018
by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Jul 2018by Chense Chola on 7 Jul 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jun 2018by Felix Kashweka on 30 May 2018
- Guest Diggers
by Sampa Kabwela on 14 Jul 2018by Chibamba Kanyama on 9 Jul 2018by Netsanet Belay - Amnesty International on 25 Jun 2018by Kalaki on 24 Jun 2018
Zesco take on Libolo without key starsBy Diggers Reporter on 20 Jun 2017 in Angola
Zesco United captain and goalkeeper Jacob Banda believes they will win away in Angola on Tuesday against CRD Libolo despite missing three key players.
Zesco face Libolo away in Calulo on today afternoon in a round four game in Group C of the 2017 CAF Confederation Cup.
Missing will be midfielder Anthony Akumu who was sent-off in the 1-0 home win over Libolo in Ndola on June 4.
Midfielder Kondwani Mtonga will also be missing after collecting his second yellow card of the competition in the same match.
The third, striker Jesse Were, is also out due to a thigh injury he sustained a week ago on 2019 AFCON duty with Kenya.
Were is Zesco’s top scorer in the 2017 Confederation Cup with three goals.
“Definitely we will miss them but I believe we have other players who can do the job,” Banda said.
Zesco lead Group C on 6 points, two more than Smouha of Egypt and Al Hilal Obied who meet in Sudan in a battle to keep up with the Ndola club.
Libolo have 3 points after losing their last two away games since they began their Group C campaign three games ago with a 1-0 home win over Obied on May 14.
About Diggers Reporter
- We are under pressure as champions – U17 coach - 16 Jul 2018
- Casinos: A platform for cleaning dubious money in Zambia - 7 Jul 2018
- Don’t drag me into Black Mountain politics – Lungu - 28 Jun 2018
- Ban TV, radio stations that don’t cover President well, Nundwe tells IBA - 15 Jun 2018
- What’s the emergency of Lungu’s trip to Kenya that he had to abandon the mourning of his Cabinet Minister? - 15 Jun 2018
- Police record 487 deaths from 7,713 road accidents in 3 months
- Improved e-voucher system will benefit farmers – Katambo
- Kalaba wonders why “custom-made” fire tenders couldn’t stop COMESA fire
- PF promised Zambians heaven, but delivered hell – Kakoma
- Kapwepwe becomes new COMESA SG, as Lungu demands equity from block
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend