by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 24 Mar 2018by Abraham Kalito on 24 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Mar 2018by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
- Guest Diggers
Zesco take on Libolo without key starsBy Diggers Reporter on 20 Jun 2017 in Angola
Zesco United captain and goalkeeper Jacob Banda believes they will win away in Angola on Tuesday against CRD Libolo despite missing three key players.
Zesco face Libolo away in Calulo on today afternoon in a round four game in Group C of the 2017 CAF Confederation Cup.
Missing will be midfielder Anthony Akumu who was sent-off in the 1-0 home win over Libolo in Ndola on June 4.
Midfielder Kondwani Mtonga will also be missing after collecting his second yellow card of the competition in the same match.
The third, striker Jesse Were, is also out due to a thigh injury he sustained a week ago on 2019 AFCON duty with Kenya.
Were is Zesco’s top scorer in the 2017 Confederation Cup with three goals.
“Definitely we will miss them but I believe we have other players who can do the job,” Banda said.
Zesco lead Group C on 6 points, two more than Smouha of Egypt and Al Hilal Obied who meet in Sudan in a battle to keep up with the Ndola club.
Libolo have 3 points after losing their last two away games since they began their Group C campaign three games ago with a 1-0 home win over Obied on May 14.
About Diggers Reporter
- Bauleni mob descends on ‘ritual killer’ - 23 Mar 2018
- Printing ballots locally is about sovereignty, national security – PF - 22 Mar 2018
- HH is a contraceptive for unity, dialogue – Nakacinda - 22 Mar 2018
- Kafue residents rise as govt turns ‘3 million’ hectares of land to commercial - 21 Mar 2018
- It’s unfair to mislead Zambians that all is well – Mweetwa - 19 Mar 2018
- UPND relying on Freemason powers to impeach Lungu - State House
- Saturnia will be ordered to recall externalized funds - Mwanakatwe
- Kambwili admitted at CFB, fails to appear in court
- Insuring fire trucks at $250, 000 was unfair to Zambians, says PF MP
- Lusambo's arrogance defines Lungu's weakness, says Laura
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend