- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Zesco take on Libolo without key starsBy Diggers Reporter on 20 Jun 2017 in Angola
Zesco United captain and goalkeeper Jacob Banda believes they will win away in Angola on Tuesday against CRD Libolo despite missing three key players.
Zesco face Libolo away in Calulo on today afternoon in a round four game in Group C of the 2017 CAF Confederation Cup.
Missing will be midfielder Anthony Akumu who was sent-off in the 1-0 home win over Libolo in Ndola on June 4.
Midfielder Kondwani Mtonga will also be missing after collecting his second yellow card of the competition in the same match.
The third, striker Jesse Were, is also out due to a thigh injury he sustained a week ago on 2019 AFCON duty with Kenya.
Were is Zesco’s top scorer in the 2017 Confederation Cup with three goals.
“Definitely we will miss them but I believe we have other players who can do the job,” Banda said.
Zesco lead Group C on 6 points, two more than Smouha of Egypt and Al Hilal Obied who meet in Sudan in a battle to keep up with the Ndola club.
Libolo have 3 points after losing their last two away games since they began their Group C campaign three games ago with a 1-0 home win over Obied on May 14.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Mazabuka mob drags suspect out of hospital, kills him - 20 Feb 2020
- Cops sustain injuries in N/West riots - 1 Feb 2020
- Vedanta warns Milingo against defying court order, selling mine assets - 29 Jan 2020
- PF justifies delivery of ambulance in Chilubi - 22 Jan 2020
- Zambia will keep sex education within religious norms – Mabumba - 16 Dec 2019
- Please China, spare us from Coronavirus (7,534 views)
- An opposition party is causing confusion in the country - Kampyongo (6,379 views)
- Lungu ill advised, no wonder Kingsland injunction has embarrassed him – Harrington (6,094 views)
- Disband Religion Ministry, Sumaili's actions border on lawlessness (3,222 views)
- Those lying about knowing gassing masterminds will be charged for causing alarm, warns IG (3,204 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «February 2020»
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- God hates such useless prayers!
- We hope ACC has done its homework on Chilufya – TIZ
- IMF won’t bailout Zambia – Hamududu
- Govt still owes agro dealers K781m, Katambo tells Parley
- Close schools if govt can’t guarantee children’s safety, insists NAQEZ
- Opposition using people to bring confusion – Kampyongo
- Lusambo’s $100,000 loan offer to Kabushi teachers an insult, says UPND aspirant
- I love dealing with animals because they don’t talk – Luo
- Lungu ill advised, no wonder Kingsland injunction has embarrassed him – Harrington
- CTPD calls for practical measures for economic recovery
- An opposition party is causing confusion in the country – Kampyongo
- Stop social media abuse – Kafwaya
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend