- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Chambeshi relieved after debut win at NkanaBy Diggers Reporter on 25 Jun 2017
Beston Chambeshi is relieved to have finally picked up a league win in charge of Nkana after his poor start.
Nkana beat promoted Buildcon 1-0 on Saturday at home in Kitwe to also end a three match losing run.
Chambeshi has lost two of those games after succeeding the fired Zeddy Saileti a fortnight ago.
He began his tenure with a 2-1 home loss in the Kitwe derby to Power Dynamos on June 17 before Nkwazi added a second defeat by the same margin on June 24 in Lusaka.
“It is a sweet win and you know where we are coming from it wasn’t easy for us. As a technical staff we are happy for this win,” Chambeshi said.
Striker Ronald Kampamba scored the game’s only goal in the 71st minute to see Nkana collect their first points since they drew 2-2 at home with Kabwe Warriors on June 3.
But the loss for Buildcon saw the visitors collect their third away defeat from seven winless games on the road.
“It was not an easy game playing Buildcon they are a good team. I am happy with the way the boys have reacted today especially in defence and I hope they can maintain the same spirit,” said Chambeshi.
Nkana are 10th after the win on 19 points, seven behind leaders Lusaka Dynamos.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Castle Lager postpones 2020 Africa 5s due to COVID-19 - 27 Mar 2020
- Police nab ‘Spax’ for murder - 2 Mar 2020
- Mazabuka mob drags suspect out of hospital, kills him - 20 Feb 2020
- Cops sustain injuries in N/West riots - 1 Feb 2020
- Vedanta warns Milingo against defying court order, selling mine assets - 29 Jan 2020
- Cabinet debates total lockdown (16,779 views)
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish! (12,726 views)
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29 (8,784 views)
- Zambia’s economy will take years to recover from Coronavirus - Siliya (3,381 views)
- Chitalu announces 6 more Covid-19 cases (2,846 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «March 2020»
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29
- We’ve started mobilizing funds to fight COVID-19 – Ng’andu
- Justice Without Remedy? A Comment on the Constitutional Court Judgment in the Case of Kambwili v Attorney General
- Philosophy & Homosexuality
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish!
- Cabinet debates total lockdown
- What will be Mr Lungu’s achievements by 2021?
- Chitalu announces 6 more Covid-19 cases
- Zambia’s economy will take years to recover from Coronavirus – Siliya
- LCC not ready for COVID-19, says Mayor
- COVID-19 cases rise to 22
- Topstar removes Prime TV from its platforms
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend