- by Mukosha Funga on 20 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Chambeshi relieved after debut win at NkanaBy Diggers Reporter on 25 Jun 2017
Beston Chambeshi is relieved to have finally picked up a league win in charge of Nkana after his poor start.
Nkana beat promoted Buildcon 1-0 on Saturday at home in Kitwe to also end a three match losing run.
Chambeshi has lost two of those games after succeeding the fired Zeddy Saileti a fortnight ago.
He began his tenure with a 2-1 home loss in the Kitwe derby to Power Dynamos on June 17 before Nkwazi added a second defeat by the same margin on June 24 in Lusaka.
“It is a sweet win and you know where we are coming from it wasn’t easy for us. As a technical staff we are happy for this win,” Chambeshi said.
Striker Ronald Kampamba scored the game’s only goal in the 71st minute to see Nkana collect their first points since they drew 2-2 at home with Kabwe Warriors on June 3.
But the loss for Buildcon saw the visitors collect their third away defeat from seven winless games on the road.
“It was not an easy game playing Buildcon they are a good team. I am happy with the way the boys have reacted today especially in defence and I hope they can maintain the same spirit,” said Chambeshi.
Nkana are 10th after the win on 19 points, seven behind leaders Lusaka Dynamos.
About Diggers Reporter
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC - 20 Aug 2017
- Resolve differences around Zambia-Canada Foreign and Investment Promotion Agreement - 20 Aug 2017
- Is Wedson quitting Chipolopolo? - 19 Aug 2017
- Bafana will fall, Shonga - 18 Aug 2017
- Lusaka Pastor gets 8yrs for defrauding residents - 18 Aug 2017
- There’s more to UNZA students than stone-throwing, says Deputy VC
- Allowing prisoners to vote will bring confusion- FDD
- Police block HH release celebrations in Western Province
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend