by Abraham Kalito on 18 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 18 Jul 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 18 Jul 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 18 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 17 Jul 2018by Abraham Kalito on 16 Jul 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Jul 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Jul 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Percy Chanda, UPND on 15 Jun 2018by Elias Munshya on 11 Jun 2018by Akashambatwa Mbikusita-Lewanika on 31 May 2018by Chibamba Kanyama on 25 May 2018
by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Jul 2018by Chense Chola on 7 Jul 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jun 2018by Felix Kashweka on 30 May 2018
- Guest Diggers
by Sampa Kabwela on 14 Jul 2018by Chibamba Kanyama on 9 Jul 2018by Netsanet Belay - Amnesty International on 25 Jun 2018by Kalaki on 24 Jun 2018
Zambia thump Swaziland 3-0By Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017
Wedson Nyirenda ended his winless home drought in charge on Saturday when Zambia beat Swaziland 3-0 at National Heroes Stadium in Lusaka to advance to the final qualifying stage of the 2018 CHAN.
Strangely, out of Nyirenda’s 13 games in charge, Zambia has only played three matches at home.
And prior to Saturday’s victory, he has endured an agonizing two successive losses at home since his appointment last September.
This is after losing 2-1 to Nigeria in a 2018 FIFA World Cup Group B qualifier last October 10 and 1-0 to Mozambique in a 2019 AFCON Group K qualifier on June 10 this year.
Meanwhile, Justin Shonga, Brian Mwila and Simon Silwimba put an end to that run on the third attempt and were on target in the 2nd,41st and 45th minutes respectively.
Zambia advance to the final CHAN qualifying round 7-0 on aggregate.
The result has also set the stage for the big derby showdown against Bafana Bafana whom they visit on August 12 in the first leg before hosting South Africa in the final leg on August 19.
South Africa booked their date with Zambia after a 1-0 home win over Botswana to advance 3-0 on aggregate.
Winner over both legs in August will qualify to the tournament Kenya will hosts this January.
About Diggers Reporter
- We are under pressure as champions – U17 coach - 16 Jul 2018
- Casinos: A platform for cleaning dubious money in Zambia - 7 Jul 2018
- Don’t drag me into Black Mountain politics – Lungu - 28 Jun 2018
- Ban TV, radio stations that don’t cover President well, Nundwe tells IBA - 15 Jun 2018
- What’s the emergency of Lungu’s trip to Kenya that he had to abandon the mourning of his Cabinet Minister? - 15 Jun 2018
- Police record 487 deaths from 7,713 road accidents in 3 months
- Improved e-voucher system will benefit farmers – Katambo
- Kalaba wonders why “custom-made” fire tenders couldn’t stop COMESA fire
- PF promised Zambians heaven, but delivered hell – Kakoma
- Kapwepwe becomes new COMESA SG, as Lungu demands equity from block
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend