- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Zambia thump Swaziland 3-0By Diggers Reporter on 23 Jul 2017
Wedson Nyirenda ended his winless home drought in charge on Saturday when Zambia beat Swaziland 3-0 at National Heroes Stadium in Lusaka to advance to the final qualifying stage of the 2018 CHAN.
Strangely, out of Nyirenda’s 13 games in charge, Zambia has only played three matches at home.
And prior to Saturday’s victory, he has endured an agonizing two successive losses at home since his appointment last September.
This is after losing 2-1 to Nigeria in a 2018 FIFA World Cup Group B qualifier last October 10 and 1-0 to Mozambique in a 2019 AFCON Group K qualifier on June 10 this year.
Meanwhile, Justin Shonga, Brian Mwila and Simon Silwimba put an end to that run on the third attempt and were on target in the 2nd,41st and 45th minutes respectively.
Zambia advance to the final CHAN qualifying round 7-0 on aggregate.
The result has also set the stage for the big derby showdown against Bafana Bafana whom they visit on August 12 in the first leg before hosting South Africa in the final leg on August 19.
South Africa booked their date with Zambia after a 1-0 home win over Botswana to advance 3-0 on aggregate.
Winner over both legs in August will qualify to the tournament Kenya will hosts this January.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Mazabuka mob drags suspect out of hospital, kills him - 20 Feb 2020
- Cops sustain injuries in N/West riots - 1 Feb 2020
- Vedanta warns Milingo against defying court order, selling mine assets - 29 Jan 2020
- PF justifies delivery of ambulance in Chilubi - 22 Jan 2020
- Zambia will keep sex education within religious norms – Mabumba - 16 Dec 2019
- PF official gets terrorism charges over gassing (7,157 views)
- Those lying about knowing gassing masterminds will be charged for causing alarm, warns IG (5,983 views)
- Please China, spare us from Coronavirus (4,947 views)
- Where is the father while the mother weeps “amwa peeling?” (2,813 views)
- Lungu renews Bible Society membership, as netizens drag him back to gassing (2,314 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «February 2020»
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- Stop social media abuse – Kafwaya
- Disband Religion Ministry, Sumaili’s actions border on lawlessness
- Mobs kill four more, as police nab 14 for murder
- The real ritual killer is The Mob
- Those lying about knowing gassing masterminds will be charged for causing alarm, warns IG
- Please China, spare us from Coronavirus
- Careless comments on gassing will breed chaos – ZCCB
- PF official gets terrorism charges over gassing
- It’s every man for himself under Lungu – Milupi
- ACC probes Health Minister for corruption
- Chilubi outcome shows 2021 polls won’t be free and fair – AVAP
- Criminals are changing tactics, soldiers can’t root them out instantly – Chama
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend