by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 24 Mar 2018by Mukosha Funga on 24 Mar 2018by Abraham Kalito on 24 Mar 2018
- Goal Diggers
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Mar 2018by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Mar 2018by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Mar 2018
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Mar 2018by Daniel Chansa on 22 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Mar 2018by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Mar 2018
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Editor on 22 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 21 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 19 Mar 2018by Diggers Editor on 17 Mar 2018
- Guest Diggers
Nyirenda not worried despite Ethiopia friendly drawBy Diggers Reporter on 6 Aug 2017
Zambia coach Wedson Nyirenda does not believe Saturday’s draw against Ethiopia is a reflection of what is to come in next weekends 2018 CHAN final round, first leg qualifier away against Bafana Bafana.
Ethiopia held Zambia to a 0-0 draw at Woodlands Stadium in a pre-CHAN qualifier friendly match in Lusaka.
Augustine Mulenga,Ernest Mbewe and Ziyo Tembo all had great chances wasted in the first half while John Chingandu also wasted great opportunity in the last 15 minutes of the second half.
The draw also halted Zambia’s two-match winning run that saw Chipolopolo down Swaziland 4-0 away and 3-0 at home in July in a 2018 CHAN first round qualifier.
“We scored four goals in Swaziland and we were not at home,” Nyirenda said.
“It was a very good test match. Ethiopia were playing almost the same type of game like South Africa who also enjoy playing a passing game.
“I think it was good for us. We played well, we had a few shortcomings which we have to work on but that will be done in training.”
Zambia face Bafana Bafana on August 12 in East London before hosting the South Africans at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium in Ndola on August 19 to decide who goes through to next year’s CHAN tournament in Kenya.
About Diggers Reporter
- Bauleni mob descends on ‘ritual killer’ - 23 Mar 2018
- Printing ballots locally is about sovereignty, national security – PF - 22 Mar 2018
- HH is a contraceptive for unity, dialogue – Nakacinda - 22 Mar 2018
- Kafue residents rise as govt turns ‘3 million’ hectares of land to commercial - 21 Mar 2018
- It’s unfair to mislead Zambians that all is well – Mweetwa - 19 Mar 2018
- UPND relying on Freemason powers to impeach Lungu - State House
- Saturnia will be ordered to recall externalized funds - Mwanakatwe
- Kambwili admitted at CFB, fails to appear in court
- Insuring fire trucks at $250, 000 was unfair to Zambians, says PF MP
- Lusambo's arrogance defines Lungu's weakness, says Laura
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend