- by Mukosha Funga on 20 Aug 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Aug 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 18 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Aug 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 18 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Ngonga set for Chipolopolo returnBy Diggers Reporter on 8 Aug 2017
Power Dynamos striker Alex Ngonga has been handed a Zambia recall for this weekends 2018 CHAN final round, first leg away qualifier against South Africa on August 12 in East London.
The fiery strikers’ great form since his return to Power last month has not gone unnoticed by Zambia coach Wedson Nyirenda.
“Yes Wedson has asked about him.He is supposed to join the camp today (Monday) but he is attending to a personal issue in Kitwe today before he joins the squad,” a source familiar with the development told Diggers News.
Ngonga’s call-up comes after an impressive display by the striker in Sunday’s dramatic 3-2 away win over Napsa Stars in which he scored one goal that ended the former leader’s 14 game unbeaten run.
Ngonga has three goals so far since he rejoined Power two seasons after he left the Kitwe club for Gabon champions CS Mounana.
His recall is meant to fill the gap left by ex-Green Buffaloes striker Brian Mwila following his move to Platinum Stars of South Africa on August 1.
Mwila, who has two CHAN goals, is now ineligible for the qualifiers.
CHAN is exclusively for home-based players.
Furthermore,,Ngonga’s recall has also been accelerated after Nyirenda witnessed strikers blunt display in Saturday’s 0-0 friendly draw at home against Ethiopia on August 5 at Woodlands Stadium in Lusaka.
Ngonga’s last Zambia call-up was in 2014 in a 1-1 home draw against Cote d’Ivoire on October 25 in Lusaka.
About Diggers Reporter
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC - 20 Aug 2017
- Resolve differences around Zambia-Canada Foreign and Investment Promotion Agreement - 20 Aug 2017
- Is Wedson quitting Chipolopolo? - 19 Aug 2017
- Bafana will fall, Shonga - 18 Aug 2017
- Lusaka Pastor gets 8yrs for defrauding residents - 18 Aug 2017
- There’s more to UNZA students than stone-throwing, says Deputy VC
- Allowing prisoners to vote will bring confusion- FDD
- Police block HH release celebrations in Western Province
- HH relives memories from prison: We slept on the cold floor, used buckets as toilets
- Peace is indispensable to development, Lungu tells SADC
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend