- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 26 Sep 2017by Tenson Mkhala on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 21 Sep 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 25 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Sep 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 23 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 25 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 24 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Chishimba Kambwili on 24 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2017by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
U-20 coach joins senior Chipolopolo benchBy Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2017
Zambia Under-20 coach has joined the Chipolopolo bench as assistant coach.
The 2017 U20 AFCON and 2016 COSAFA U20 Cup winning coach will be part of the bench for next week’s 2018 FIFA World Cup Group B doubleheader against Algeria.
Zambia will host Algeria on September 2 in Lusaka and play the final leg in Blida on September 5.
“I would like to announce the inclusion of Mr Beston Chambeshi to the team,” FAZ general secretary Ponga Liwewe said.
“This is an addition to the team that is already existing to the senior national team that includes Aggrey Chiyangi and Dabid Chilufya.”
Ponga added that Chambeshi’s status as Under-20 coach remains unchanged despite joining the senior setup as a deputy to Wedson Nyirenda.
Meanwhile, Ponga disclosed that Zambia will fly to Algeria on a charter flight immediately after the match.
“The team will travel to Algeria on the 2nd of September just after the game,” Ponga said.
“I am sure you are aware that the commitment to play the second leg is on the 5th (of September), so to avoid long delays that are caused by commercial travel, the team shall travel by charter.”
Meanwhile, Zambia head into next week’s qualifiers 3rd in Group B tied on 1 point with Algeria after two rounds played.
Nigeria and Cameroon are 1st and 2nd on two points and six points respectively.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- HH gets thunderous welcome in his homeland - 25 Sep 2017
- Lungu funding violence – HH - 24 Sep 2017
- It has now become a trend for traffic officers to be beaten – Munir Zulu - 23 Sep 2017
- Parliament finds Antonio guilty of committing contempt on Facebook - 21 Sep 2017
- ZUFIAW demands reduced Pay as You Earn - 21 Sep 2017
- Stop selling military regalia, Police warn salaula traders
- Car carrying G9 exam papers to Zambezi submerges in water
- Let Laura, others wait for police response on their planned demos – Katongo
- Dialogue with Lungu will adress police brutality, Constitution lacunas – UPND
- PF used DCs, govt resources to campaign – Nalumango
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend