by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Mwepu jets in, eager for action agains AlgeriaBy Diggers Reporter on 28 Aug 2017
Zambia Under-20 winger Enock Mwepu says he has not come to warm the bench but for action against Algeria.
Mwepu of Austrian club FC Liefering is one of seven 2017 U20 AFCON winning stars who also reached the 2017 FIFA U20 Cup quarterfinals in South Korea called up for Saturday’s 2018 FIFA World Cup Group B qualifier against Algeria at National Heroes Stadium in Lusaka.
Mwepu was the first of those European-based Under-20 stars on day one of training at Woodlands stadium Lusaka on Monday morning.
“I am here to play and not here to stay on the bench, so I am ready for the challenge. I am very excited to be called to the national team and I am hoping to do my best,” said Mwepu.
“Every team that we meet is a big team. Algeria is just a name but if we work as a team, not even Algeria can stop us but we are looking forward to winning this game.”
This is Mwepu’s debut senior call-up and he is looking forward to facing Zambia’s all-time North African nemesis Algeria whom Chipolopolo have only beaten twice in twelve encounters.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- 4 Zambian trucks hijacked in SA - 15 Sep 2019
- Robert Mugabe dies aged 95 - 6 Sep 2019
- FAZ calls off Zambia vs SA friendly - 3 Sep 2019
- Zambia has given us a good environment for business – Orca Deco - 3 Sep 2019
- Mwitwa gives Tutwa 24 hours to apologize - 17 Aug 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (12,247 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (1,983 view)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (1,801 view)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,312 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (993 views)
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend