- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Zanaco chicken out of league game after key players join ChipolopoloBy Diggers Reporter on 1 Oct 2017
Zanaco have chickened out of Sundays league game against bottom placed City of Lusaka.
The defending champions, who are 2nd on the table and three points behind Green Buffaloes cite the unavailability of four players who are away on Zambia duty and left on Sunday for West Africa.
Goalkeeper Toaster Nsabata,defender Ziyo Tembo including forwards Ernest Mbewe and Augustine Mulenga are in transit for the October 7 away 2018 FIFA World Cup Group B qualifier away against Nigeria.
However, the absence of these players has never been a problem for Zanaco during Zambia’s recent August engagements when the defending champions coped without them.
On August 12 when Zambia drew 2-2 away with Bafana Bafana in a 2018 CHAN qualifier, Zanaco drew 1-1 away to Mufulira Wanderers.
They followed this up with a 3-2 win over Konkola Blades on August 16 when none of their players were released from camp.
And on the day Zambia were beating Bafana 2-0 in Ndola on August 20 , Zanaco were drawing 1-1 away at Nakambala Leopards.
However, the problem is Zanaco have seemingly not recovered from the 4-0 away loss they suffered at 4th placed Nkana on September 3 that was played 24 hours after Zambia beat Algeria 3-1 in Lusaka and immidately after the game left for North Africa with their Zanaco callups.
Meanwhile,City have picked up four draws from their last 23 games despite Zanaco chickening out on them.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Castle Lager postpones 2020 Africa 5s due to COVID-19 - 27 Mar 2020
- Police nab ‘Spax’ for murder - 2 Mar 2020
- Mazabuka mob drags suspect out of hospital, kills him - 20 Feb 2020
- Cops sustain injuries in N/West riots - 1 Feb 2020
- Vedanta warns Milingo against defying court order, selling mine assets - 29 Jan 2020
- Cabinet debates total lockdown (16,750 views)
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish! (12,663 views)
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29 (8,730 views)
- Zambia’s economy will take years to recover from Coronavirus - Siliya (3,372 views)
- Chitalu announces 6 more Covid-19 cases (2,839 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «March 2020»
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29
- We’ve started mobilizing funds to fight COVID-19 – Ng’andu
- Justice Without Remedy? A Comment on the Constitutional Court Judgment in the Case of Kambwili v Attorney General
- Philosophy & Homosexuality
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish!
- Cabinet debates total lockdown
- What will be Mr Lungu’s achievements by 2021?
- Chitalu announces 6 more Covid-19 cases
- Zambia’s economy will take years to recover from Coronavirus – Siliya
- LCC not ready for COVID-19, says Mayor
- COVID-19 cases rise to 22
- Topstar removes Prime TV from its platforms
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend