- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Dec 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Dec 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Dec 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Godfrey Dube on 18 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 17 Dec 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 13 Dec 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 14 Dec 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 13 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 11 Dec 2017by William Chileshe on 8 Dec 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Dec 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 13 Dec 2017by Mukosha Funga on 12 Dec 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Editor on 10 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 8 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 6 Dec 2017by Diggers Editor on 2 Dec 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Chibamba Kanyama on 26 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017
Jesse Were toasts Zesco triumphBy Nyambe Lubasi on 4 Dec 2017
Zesco United striker Jesse Were says winning the 2017 FAZ Super Division title was more important than chasing this seasons Golden Boot.
Were scored a brace on Saturday in Zesco’s 4-2 home win over demoted Mufulira Wanderers at Levy Mwanawasa Stadium in Ndola that handed his team its sixth league title.
But his brace, that took his league tally to 18 goals, was not enough to catch Lusaka Dynamos striker Chris Mugalu who walked away with the Golden Boot on 21 goals.
“All I can say about the golden boot is I must congratulate him because he beat me to it,” Were said.
“For me, my target was to score goals for the team that helped the team and I am satisfied with that.
“About the top scorer it hasn’t hurt me that so much because we had only one thing in my mind and that was winning the league.”
Zesco finished one point ahead of their predecessors Zanaco on 74 and 73 points respectively.
Were added that he never doubted they would lift the title despite seeing their lead dwindle for five, to three and later one point over the last fortnight.
“We didn’t have any pressure because we knew these things happen in football but we keep our cool, we pushed until the last minute, and here we are, we have just lifted the trophy,” the Kenyan international said.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «December 2017»
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend