- by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 23 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
I’ll sell all my clothes to sponsor LCC Football Club – SampaBy Joseph Mwenda on 18 Jan 2019
Lusaka Mayor Miles Sampa says if the city council will run out of funds to support sports, he will sell all his clothes to sponsor the LCC Football Club so that it is elevated back into the Super League.
Speaking when he visited the team at Nationalist Stadium on Wednesday, Sampa pledged maximum support to the team so that it play in the elite league next season.
“I will give you all the maximum support. We don’t want only Zanaco in Lusaka, we want Lusaka City Council to be in charge of Lusaka. So work hard, listen to your coaches. I will give you all the support. If the council doesn’t have money to sponsor you, I will sell all my clothes to sponsor you so that you go in Premier Leagues” Sampa said.
He added that he wants LCC football team to dominate in the Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) Zone One South League, saying that was one sure way of attracting sponsors as well as give fans the morale to attend matches.
The Mayor also urged players to work hard so that one day they can feature for big clubs across the word.
“We want the morale to be in Lusaka and this will attract people to watch matches. This will also make you players earn more money. I will make sure that once you work hard, you get noticed so that you play for big European teams. As Mayor, I will do my best to help you so that you excel in your careers,” he said.
Meanwhile, Sampa said he would liaise with the LCC management to ensure that the challenges the club was facing are addressed.
“I will talk to my team so that we attract sponsors and ensure that challenges you are facing are ironed out,” said Sampa.
And LCC coach Weston Mumba said he was happy that the Mayor took some time off his busy duties to attend the training match in a friendly encounter with Super League side, Nkwazi football club.
LCC finished fifth last season in the FAZ Zone One South League.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph is experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- SA High Court rejects ZCCM’s arbitration appeal with costs - 23 Aug 2019
- Negotiate less chaotic exit with Vedanta before arbitration kicks in – Chipimo tips govt - 26 Jul 2019
- Lungu fires Mawere, transfers Chitotela, Luo - 19 Jul 2019
- Chaotic takeover, planned sale of KCM will have serious legal implications on Zambia – Chipimo - 17 Jul 2019
- It will be contempt if govt sells KCM before court process – Liquidator - 12 Jul 2019
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (3,097 views)
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 - Kalaluka (2,162 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (1,897 view)
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding (1,433 view)
- Forget the Damn headline, did you get the message? (1,090 view)
- Indeed, the Speaker is being mischievous on Amendment Bill 10
- LAZ warns Speaker, MPs of contempt over Bill 10
- SA High Court rejects ZCCM’s arbitration appeal with costs
- Govt’s job is not to defend the corrupt, but prosecute them – Mwenye
- TIZ asks Lungu to cancel Forest 27 plots, says ACC must investigate minister for abuse
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend