- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Lungu launches construction of 2000 ZNS housing unitsBy Diggers Reporter on 30 Mar 2017
President Edgar Lungu this morning launched the construction of 2000 housing units valued at K1.5 Billion for the Zambia National Service.
And President Lungu says his government will not allow the defence and service wings to live in dilapidated structures.
Speaking during the launch at ZNS Chamba Valley in Lusaka, the Head of State said there is need for uniformed personnel to live in designated areas to make mobilization easy during times of emergencies.
President Lungu said the housing units will be constructed by a Chinese firm in all ZNS camps across the country over a period of three years.
And ZNS Commandant Lieutenant General Nathan Mulenga said the company that has been awarded to build the houses will transfer skills to ZNS personnel.
Meanwhile, Shandong Dejian Construction Company Managing Director, Zhou Zhenqi said his company will invest $1 million in a plant in Zambia that will be manufacturing building materials for the houses and will create more than 200 jobs.
HOT FMRelated Items
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (2,637 views)
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,474 views)
- State witness in Chimese’s case in court for perjury (2,050 views)
- If some UPND MPs want to support Bill 10, they must reflect, think about the people - Mwiimbu (1,413 view)
- Ingredients are right for UPND to form govt - HH (1,083 view)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend