- by Ulande Nkomesha on 24 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 24 Aug 2019
- by Stuart Lisulo on 23 Aug 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 24 Aug 2019by Joseph Mwenda on 23 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 23 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 23 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 24 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 22 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Media owners demand payments for campaign adverts from PF, ECZBy Diggers Reporter on 21 Apr 2017
The Media Owners Association of Zambia has threatened to take legal action against the Patriotic Front and ECZ should they fail to clear over K7 million debt.
According to a statement issued by association president Oscar Chavula, PF and ECZ had not been paying for adverts during 2016 campaigns.
“We as the Media Owners Association of Zambia are very concerned with the nonpayment of money by the Electoral Commission of Zambia and the Patriotic Front Party. The Patriotic Front and the Electoral Commission of Zambia owe respective media houses over K7 Million for advertising services rendered during the August 2016 general elections,” Chavula stated.
He warned that the media owners would take legal action should PF and ECZ fail to clear the debt without further delay.
“As an Association we demand that the owed money be paid to respective media houses without further delay failure to which the Association will take legal action against the Electoral Commission of Zambia and the Patriotic Front.
Several attempts to recover the money owed to our members have failed and as earlier indicated, the failure to pay this money is affecting our operations. Once again we demand that the ECZ and the PF pays the money owed to the respective media houses without fail,” stated Chavula.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Mwitwa gives Tutwa 24 hours to apologize - 17 Aug 2019
- UPND urges Nshindano to “clean up mess at ECZ” - 15 Aug 2019
- By-elections unnecessary drain on Treasury – Mutati - 13 Aug 2019
- 1,500 people in Mpulungu to receive free meat packages as Muslims celebrate Eid - 12 Aug 2019
- UPND vows to block Constitution Amendment Bill - 6 Aug 2019
- Mwenye's corruption remarks irk PF (3,554 views)
- ConCourt has no powers to hear Bill 10 - Kalaluka (2,506 views)
- If austerity measures were working, we wouldn't be having these problems – BoZ (2,291 views)
- Zesco announces increased load-shedding (1,622 view)
- Forget the Damn headline, did you get the message? (1,217 view)
- KCM opposes Vedanta’s application to disregard in-house lawyer’s affidavit
- Maize dependency will continue making Zambia vulnerable to hunger – Kayula
- High mealie meal prices are an indictment on Lungu – Nalumango
- High Court restrains Tilyenji from acting as UNIP president
- Why was impeachment motion halted if courts have no bearing on Parley, HH asks Matibini
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend