- by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 16 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 16 Aug 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 13 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 10 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 15 Aug 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Aug 2017by Mukosha Funga on 14 Aug 2017
- by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Diggers Reporter on 16 Aug 2017by Charles Mafa on 15 Aug 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Mukosha Funga on 3 Aug 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 31 Jul 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 30 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017
Police shoot rapist clad in police uniformBy Joseph Mwenda on 11 Jun 2017
Police on Friday shot a man of Lusaka’s Silverest area who was reported to have raped a woman while wearing police uniform.
Police Spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo could not state whether the suspect was a police officer or a masquerader, but said he attempted to escape.
“On Friday, police officers shot a person identified as Steve Nsomekela aged 29 of Silverest. Officers were investigating a case of rape where a woman had reported that she was raped at gun point by a person who was in police uniform. The act was reported to have happened in the vehicle of the suspect,” Katongo stated.
“Without the suspect noticing, the victim grabbed some documents from the vehicle which she presented to police. Investigations pointed to the said suspect who was apprehended by police.”
She said the suspect attempted to escape during the search at his house and was shot.
“Officers further went with the suspect home for recoveries where they got a pistol and some police uniforms. Whilst there, the suspect attempted to jump over the wall fence, this is how he was shot in the hip and he unfortunately died on the way to UTH where he was being rushed. The body is in UTH mortuary,” said Katongo.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Tendai Biti regrets fall of Zambia’s democracy - 16 Aug 2017
- They raided my son’s office, not mine – Mulongoti - 15 Aug 2017
- Lungu’s oil exploration launch in legal tumble - 13 Aug 2017
- State to free HH tomorrow, reports Reuters - 13 Aug 2017
- Political Parties Bill not democratic – Antonio - 11 Aug 2017
Weekly Most Digged
- «August 2017»
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend