- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
LWSC announces supply interruptionBy Martha Chilosha on 13 Sep 2017
The Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company has announced that there will be an interruption of supply in most parts of the city from September 18-24.
According to a joint statement by LWSC and the Millenuim Challenge Corporation (MCC), this is to pave way for rehabilitation works at the Lolanda Water Treatment Plant in Kafue.
They stated that the rehabilitation works were part of the US$355 million Lusaka Water Supply, Sanitation and Drainage Project funded by the US government through MCC.
It stated that once completed, the water treatment plant would be restored to its original capacity and provide a more reliable supply service to the capital city.
Residential areas to be affected include Kabulonga, Kalingalinga, Hellen Kaunda, Chudleigh, Chainama, Chelston, PHI, Kaunda Square, Handsworth, Jesmondine, parts of Kalundu, Sunningdale, Mtendere, parts of Avondale, Kamwala South, Lilayi Housing, John Laign, Kuku, Chilenje, Chilenje South, Libala, Kabwata, Kamwala, UTH area, Woodlands, Chalala, Woodlands Extension, parts of Nyumba Yanga, Industrial area, city centre area, Villa Elizabeth, Emmasdale, Matero, Mandevu, Kabanana and Chipata compound.
“Customers are therefore advised to store sufficient water for use for the five-day period as supply will be intermittent,” read the statement.
About Martha Chilosha
- Modest weekend for Fashion, others - 20 Nov 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: “I want to be called Mr President” - 20 Nov 2017
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies - 19 Nov 2017
- Nyirenda gets praise for refreshing Chipolopolo attack - 18 Nov 2017
- Govt reluctant on curbing alcohol abuse – SAAPA - 18 Nov 2017
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend