- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Nov 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Nyambe Lubasi on 20 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 18 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 17 Nov 2017by Nyambe Lubasi on 15 Nov 2017
- by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 18 Nov 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 20 Nov 2017by Mukosha Funga on 17 Nov 2017by Diggers Reporter on 14 Nov 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 20 Nov 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Nov 2017by Diggers contributor on 7 Nov 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 4 Nov 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 18 Nov 2017by Ambassador Eric Schultz on 13 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 9 Nov 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 29 Oct 2017
Lungu retires Chalabesa, KasandaBy Joseph Mwenda on 15 Sep 2017
President Edgar Lungu is not renewing the contract for State House Principal Private Secretary Francis Chalabesa and deputy Secretary to the Cabinet Peter Kasanda.
Chalabesa’s contract ends on September 25, 2017 while that of Ambassador Kasanda expires on September 17.
According to News Diggers! findings, President Lungu has since replaced Chalabesa with Dr Simon Miti who was serving as Permanent Secretary Administration at Cabinet Office. Dr Miti has subsequently been elevated to the equivalent position of deputy Secretary to the Cabinet which is at the same level as Presidential assistants.
President Lungu’s Principal Private Secretary was appointed by late president Michael Sata on September 18, 2011. Chalabesa had previously served in the same capacity for a decade under late second Republican president Frederick Chiluba’s reign.
Ambassador Kasanda served as Foreign Affairs Permanent Secretary until September 2012 before he was promoted to the position of deputy Secretary to the Cabinet by Sata, a position he holds until September 17, 2017 which is his last day of work.
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is a Zambian journalist experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF - 18 Nov 2017
- Lungu is concerned with Zim situation - 17 Nov 2017
- Lungu recalls drunk, disloyal diplomats - 15 Nov 2017
- $1 million fire tender damaged in accident - 14 Nov 2017
- Lungu heads to Egypt for 3-day state visit - 13 Nov 2017
You may also like...
- Kambwili rules out reconciliation with Lungu: "I want to be called Mr President"
- Lusambo vents anger on RDA for not awarding contract to his preferred companies
- When we takeover govt mukanya ba pompwe, Kambwili warns PF
- Kaunda has not yet traveled to meet Mugabe -Spokesperson
- PAC sends away ministry auditor for improper dressing
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «November 2017»
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend