by Natasha Sakala on 17 Sep 2019by Tenson Mkhala on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Sep 2019by Mwansa Mambwe in Solwezi on 17 Sep 2019
by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 15 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 13 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 17 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 16 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 12 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 15 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 9 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Lusaka cop shoots self over K35,000 debtBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Jun 2018
A Lusaka police officer has committed suicide in Sikanze Camp after allegedly failing to pay K35,000, as compensation, to another officer whom he assaulted.
Confirming the incident in an interview, Police Spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo said the officer identified as Sergent Charles Mukupa shot himself in the mouth.
“We recorded a case of suicide which happened at Mobile Unit Operational camp which is based in Sikanze police camp, involving our officer identified as Sergent Charles Mukupa who is reported to have had shot himself through the mouth,” Katongo said.
Katongo explained that Sergent Mukupa had been ordered to pay K35,000 as compensation to a colleague whom he assaulted, but he only managed to raise K5,000.
She said the officer who had been assaulted by the deceased refused to get the K5,000 saying he wanted K35,000 to be paid at once.
“The matter at hand was that the same person who has taken his life had assaulted another officer, also a Sergent and then the matter was reported to Kabwata police. After the matter was reported, the same person who has taken his life wanted to have the matter settled outside court. He was told to pay something like K35,000 by another Sergent that he had assaulted. So he organized a K5,000 yesterday which he wanted to pay as down payment but this officer that he had assaulted refused to get the K5,000. He wanted the K35,000 to be paid at once,” she explained.
Katongo said Sergent Mukupa was found dead in his room in the early hours of Wednesday and the body had since been taken to UTH mortuary.
“In the early hours of today, between 05 hours and 06:30 hours, the officer was found dead in his room after shooting himself. The body has been taken to UTH mortuary,” said Katongo.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- My penis doesn’t function, defilement accused tells court - 17 Sep 2019
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters - 16 Sep 2019
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend - 16 Sep 2019
- 4 Lusaka men sue Kaizer Zulu for kidnapping and beating them - 13 Sep 2019
- Judge Nkonde asks ConCourt to dismiss M’membe’s application for review of costs - 13 Sep 2019
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay (6,743 views)
- Findlay knows Goswami; I've been in their presence before, reveals Kaweche Kaunda (2,939 views)
- British man in court for assaulting Zambian cleaner girlfriend (2,618 views)
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters (2,224 views)
- Bill 10 is nonsensical – Chongwe (2,187 views)
- De-gazettion of Forest 27 doesn’t affect Chalimbana River – Kapata
- Lungu must check his aides, they’ll injure him – KBF
- Zesco is suffering, it’s got no money – laments minister
- My penis doesn’t function, defilement accused tells court
- It’s illogical for companies that don’t pay dividends to bid for KCM – Mumba
- It makes us sad that we can't stick to load shedding schedule - Zesco
- Switch to cheaper food, Wina urges Zambians
- Findlay drug allegations shake State House as Lungu orders probe
- It's impossible to reduce mealie meal prices, brace for harder times, warns GBM
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend