by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Julia Malunga on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019
75-year-old Chipata man hangs self over land disputeBy Diggers Reporter on 24 Aug 2018
A 75-year-old Chipata man has hanged himself over a land dispute.
Police spokesperson Esther Mwaata Katongo confirmed this in a statement saying Jaivan Banda of Mphuzuzu village was scheduled to appear before Mfumbeni Traditional Council of Chief Nzamane at 08:00 hours today to exculpate himself over the land dispute.
“A 75 year old man identified as Jaivan Banda of Mphuzuzu village, Chief Nzamane of Chipata District committed suicide by hanging himself to a pole supporting the roof of a pit latrine using a fiber rope. This occurred on 22nd August, 2018 between 08:00 hours and 21:00 hours at Mphuzuzu Village. The victim was, before taking his life, summoned to appear before Mfumbeni Traditional Council of Chief Nzamane on 24th August, 2018 at 08:00 hours for him to exculpate himself over land dispute issues and was later found dead around 12:00 hours the same day. No foul play was suspected hence family members were advised to bury the body,” Katongo stated.
And Katongo stated that police in Luanshya had arrested a man for allegedly murdering his 26-year-old wife after a marital dispute.
“In Luanshya, Police have arrested a man identified as Rex Mutale, unknown age, in connection with the murder of his 26 years old wife identified as Tisa Mwaba of Kamilenda area reported to have occurred on 23rd August, 2018 around 06:00 hours at Kamilenda area. According to the victim’s mother, Tisa was allegedly beaten by her husband on 19th August, 2018 after a marital dispute and she sustained a swollen left eye, a cut on the lower lip and was later found dead on 23rd August 2018. Fists are alleged to have been used in the act. The body is in Thompson Hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem. The accused is detained in Police custody,” she stated.
Meanwhile, Katongo also revealed that police in Petauke had arrested a 27-year-old man for allegedly murdering his uncle.
“Meanwhile, Police in Petauke have arrested a 27 year old man identified as Alfred Gumbo in connection with the murder of his uncle identified as Songelwayo Jere aged 48 of Tasala 10 Compound. This occurred on 20th August, 2018 between 1900 hours and 20 00 hours at the deceased’s residence in Tasala 10 Compound. Brief facts are that on 20th August, 2018, the victim had a fight with his nephew, who is the suspect and was later found dead on 22nd August, 2018 at about 23:40 hours in his house by a neighbor. Police who visited the scene found the body of the deceased with a swollen head. The body of the deceased is in Petauke District Hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem while the accused person is in police custody,” stated Katongo.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Screening reveals increased lung infection among miners – Musukwa - 20 Sep 2019
- 4 Zambian trucks hijacked in SA - 15 Sep 2019
- Robert Mugabe dies aged 95 - 6 Sep 2019
- FAZ calls off Zambia vs SA friendly - 3 Sep 2019
- Zambia has given us a good environment for business – Orca Deco - 3 Sep 2019
- Evicted from govt house with no benefits after 40yrs of service (3,695 views)
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa (1,150 view)
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (905 views)
- The Type of Permanent Secretary we Need in the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock (802 views)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (581 views)
- The Type of Permanent Secretary we Need in the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock
- Zambians have now turned to charcoal, forests are depleting
- Evicted from govt house with no benefits after 40yrs of service
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa
- Solwezi man wins K67,147 from K5 bet
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend