by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Julia Malunga on 22 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019
Incest-accused man gets K5,000 bailBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 29 Aug 2018
The Lusaka Magistrates’ Court has granted a 38-year-old man of Misisi compound accused of having carnal knowledge of his eight-year-old daughter, K5,000 bail in his own recognizance, with two working sureties.
Alick Banda, a general worker, is facing one count of incest by males.
Particulars of the offense are that Banda on July 1, 2018 in Lusaka, allegedly had carnal knowledge of his eight-year-old daughter.
And when the matter came up for mention before magistrate Fides Hamaundu, Tuesday, Banda asked for bail pending his trial.
And in response, magistrate Hamaundu granted the accused person K5,000 bail in his own recognizance with two working surities.
The court however could not proceed with trial because consent to prosecute Banda had not yet been given by the Director of Public Prosecutions.
The matter has since been adjourned to September 11, 2018 for another mention, awaiting for consent to prosecute.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- 7 Lumwana expatriates were lawfully fired, company tells court - 20 Sep 2019
- LAZ asks ConCourt to throw out Musoma’s suit over Bill 10 - 20 Sep 2019
- Tutwa reports Sangwa to LAZ for “professional misconduct” - 19 Sep 2019
- ConCourt sets Sept 27 for ruling on preliminary issues in LAZ Bill 10 case - 19 Sep 2019
- 120 people sue UPPZ leader for fraud over land - 18 Sep 2019
- Evicted from govt house with no benefits after 40yrs of service (3,712 views)
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa (1,160 view)
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (909 views)
- The Type of Permanent Secretary we Need in the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock (809 views)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (581 views)
- The Type of Permanent Secretary we Need in the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock
- Zambians have now turned to charcoal, forests are depleting
- Evicted from govt house with no benefits after 40yrs of service
- More North Korean Diplomats Caught Smuggling Animal Parts From Africa
- Solwezi man wins K67,147 from K5 bet
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend