by Mukosha Funga on 22 Jul 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Jul 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 22 Jul 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 22 Jul 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Stuart Lisulo on 21 Jul 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 18 Jul 2019by Natasha Sakala on 18 Jul 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 18 Jul 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 22 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Jul 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Editor on 21 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Jul 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Jul 2019
by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jun 2019by Martha Mwanza and Felix Kashweka on 21 Jun 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Prof Muna Ndulo on 21 Jul 2019by Dr Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 22 Jun 2019by Chewe Chishala on 22 Jun 2019by Chibamba Kanyama on 11 Jun 2019
LAZ suspends UPND lawyer Martha MushipeBy Joseph Mwenda on 7 Sep 2018[easy-social-share counters=0 counter_pos="hidden" total_counter_pos="right" template="20" style="icon" point_type="simple"]
The Law Association of Zambia (LAZ) has suspended the practicing license for UPND lawyer Martha Mushipe.
LAZ has also ordered that her law firm be shut down with immediate effect.
According to a letter signed by Legal Practitioners Committee’s honorary secretary Samuel Twumasi, Mushipe will no longer be allowed to appear before any court to practice.
“Take Notice that the above Practitioner has [been] suspended from practising law with immediate effect. By this notice, the said Practitioner is not to appear in any Court of Law/Tribunal and should not file Court process of whatever nature until further notice from the undersigned,” read the LAZ notice.
News Diggers has been reliably informed that the suspension is in relation to her conduct before the Constitutional Court during the Presidential Petition of the 2016 election.
The notice was sent to the Chief Justice, Deputy Chief Justice, Supreme Court and High Court Judges.
Others copied in were:
The Attorney General
The Solicitor General
The Director of Public Prosecution
The Registrar of the High Court
Industrial Relations Court Judges
The Chairman – Lands Tribunal
The Chairman – Revenue Appeals Tribunal The High Court Registrar
Master of the Supreme Court The Assistant Registrar
The Clerks of Court
The Registrar of Companies The Registrar of Lands and All Advocates
» MORE @ Diggers.News
About Joseph Mwenda
Joseph Mwenda is experienced in political news writing, photography and video editing.
Email: joseph [at] diggers [dot] news
- Lungu fires Mawere, transfers Chitotela, Luo - 19 Jul 2019
- Chaotic takeover, planned sale of KCM will have serious legal implications on Zambia – Chipimo - 17 Jul 2019
- It will be contempt if govt sells KCM before court process – Liquidator - 12 Jul 2019
- There’s no link between China debt relief and KCM – Musukwa - 2 Jul 2019
- Mutembo explains how KCM liquidator is conflicted - 19 Jun 2019
- HH richer than me, but can’t build you a toilet, Lungu tells Katuba
- Court’s decision not to oust Kambwili leaves NDC in awkward position – Musenge
- Ng’andu up against PF’s self-preservation – Sacika
- Even RB was more reasonable than Lungu – Kambwili
- We’ll work with Mushimba to fix mess of Luo’s destructive legacy – UNZALARU
Subscribe for email alerts