- by Mukosha Funga on 21 Aug 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Julia Malunga on 21 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 21 Aug 2019
- by Ulande Nkomesha on 21 Aug 2019by Memory Chipili in Solwezi on 20 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 19 Aug 2019by Natasha Sakala on 17 Aug 2019
- by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 21 Aug 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Aug 2019
- Goal Diggers
- by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 8 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 5 Aug 2019by Abraham Kalito on 28 Jul 2019
- by Diggers Editor on 21 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 20 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Aug 2019by Diggers Editor on 16 Aug 2019
- Guest Diggers
- by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019by CUTS on 4 Aug 2019by Kangwa Muyunda on 3 Aug 2019by Rueben Lifuka on 31 Jul 2019
- Editor's Choice
- by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
- by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Businesswoman admits assaulting ZaloumisBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 16 Oct 2018
A 30-year-old businesswoman has admitted in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court that she assaulted local farmer, Maria Zileni Zaloumis, popularly known for her successful tomato farming business, when the two were in a fight.
Mubaba Mangilashi is alleged to have assaulted Maria on September 15, this year, occasioning her actual bodily harm after she allegedly found her husband in Maria’s house.
The story of Mubaba and Maria had recently made rounds on social media, alleging that Maria grabbed Mubaba’s husband, Justin Phiri.
According to a Facebook posting by Mubaba, she confirmed having engaged in a physical fight with Maria after she found her husband in Maria’s house, a person she considered as her mentor and friend.
Mubaba had further stated that she felt so much pain and betrayed after a person she considered as her mentor, started hanging out with her husband.
And when the matter came up for plea before Magistrate Alice Walusiku, Monday, Mubaba admitted having assaulted Maria.
She further explained that the assault occurred when the two engaged in an argument.
However, after hearing her explanation Magistrate Walusiku entered a plea of not guilty and adjourned the matter to October 29 for commencement of trial.
Meanwhile, the matter in which a 38-year-old businessman of George Compound is alleged to have had carnal knowledge of his seven-year-old son against the order of nature has been adjourned to October 31 for continuation of trial.
Victor Mukuka is charged with one count of unnatural offence, but had pleaded not guilty before Magistrate Nsunge Chanda last month.
Particulars of the offence are that Mukuka, on dates unknown, but between January and May 10, 2018, in Lusaka, had unlawful carnal knowledge of his seven year-old son against the order of nature.
However, when the matter came up for continuation of trial, Monday, it failed to take off and was adjourned to October 31.
Last month, Mukuka’s neighbour Anna, a hairdresser, had testified that she had been neighbours with Mukuka since 1997 and he was currently divorced.
She had further testified that at one time when she was in her salon, her six-year-old son told her that the victim had sores.
Anna further said that when she checked him, she discovered that the boy had rash on his private parts and sores on his buttocks.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- You’ll create constitutional crisis if you rule Matibini out of order on Roan seat, Mwansa tells ConCourt - 21 Aug 2019
- Former Chreso VC sues University Council for libel, demands K1m dues - 21 Aug 2019
- 2 Lusaka men get 8 months for stealing shoe polish from Shoprite - 21 Aug 2019
- Simataa files notice of appeal against High Court’s decision to grant Kamanga an interim injunction - 20 Aug 2019
- Lungu’s trying to “legally” rig 2021 polls using Constitution Amendment Bill – Chifire - 20 Aug 2019
- Ndulo, Sangwa must be drunk to think they can sue Lungu - Tutwa (2,637 views)
- Opposition MPs with plots in Forest 27 must give them up - Nkombo (2,474 views)
- State witness in Chimese’s case in court for perjury (2,050 views)
- Ingredients are right for UPND to form govt - HH (1,083 view)
- Lungu leads 34 member delegation to India
- PF clueless on how to fix declining economy – Kabimba
- Mealie meal has become too expensive for ordinary Zambians – Msoni
- British envoy urges Chevening scholars to use their talent to develop Zambia after study
- Lungu was one of my brightest pupils, retired teacher tells court
- Tutwa leads campaign to impeach LAZ president
- It's not LAZ but 2,3 overzealous lawyers challenging Bill 10 - Siliya
- Development will follow those who cry the most, says Lungu
- I'm suing Tutwa for alleging that I've been paid to fight govt - LAZ president
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend