- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Court puts Lusaka man, 56, on his defense in defilement caseBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 7 Dec 2018
The Lusaka Magistrates’ Court has found a 56-year-old man of Lusaka West with a case to answer in a case where he is accused of defiling a juvenile.
In this matter, Shaderick Kapalu is alleged to have defiled a 13-year-old girl after he asked her to accompany him to his house so that she could collect money that he owed her mother.
It is alleged that, on October 22, 2018, Lusaka, Kapalu allegedly had unlawful carnal knowledge of a girl under the age of 16.
And when the matter came up for trial before Magistrate Alice Walusiku, Wednesday, the victim told the court that on the material day around 17:00 hours, Kapalu went to her parent’s house.
She said thereafter, Kapalu asked her to accompany him to his house so that she could collect the money he owed her mother.
“He told me to accompany him to his house so that I can collect the money he owes my mother for the relish that he got from her,” the victim narrated.
She explained that after she accompanied Kapalu to his house, he closed the door to the house and started looking for the money.
The victim testified that Kapalu then pushed her on the bed and defiled her.
“He closed the door to the house and started looking for the money. He pushed me to the bed. He undressed himself and defiled me,” she added.
She testified that later on, her mother and father arrived and found her and the accused in the house.
The victim said when her parents arrived, Kapalu tried to push her under the bed.
She said her father then called for the neighbours to come and see what Kapalu had done to her, adding that it was at this point that she ran to her auntie’s house for fear of being beaten by her parents.
Three days later, she was taken to the clinic.
And Magistrate Walusiku said she had found that a prima facie case had been established against the accused and put him on his defence.
The matter comes up on December 19, this year.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- Soko not entitled to any of his claims, RTSA tells court - 21 Feb 2020
- Kambwili has the right to criticize govt, ZNBC staffer tells court - 21 Feb 2020
- ConCourt throws out LAZ’s application to jail Tutwa for contempt - 21 Feb 2020
- Court orders release of IMS boss’ passport - 20 Feb 2020
- $1m claim in costs by Rephidim, 2 others is inflated, says Vedanta - 20 Feb 2020
- PF official gets terrorism charges over gassing (16,897 views)
- Where is the father while the mother weeps “amwa peeling?” (11,110 views)
- ACC probes Health Minister for corruption (9,159 views)
- Lungu renews Bible Society membership, as netizens drag him back to gassing (4,857 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesMar0 PostsApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- The real ritual killer is The Mob
- Those lying about knowing gassing masterminds will be charged for causing alarm, warns IG
- Please China, spare us from Coronavirus
- Careless comments on gassing will breed chaos – ZCCB
- PF official gets terrorism charges over gassing
- It’s every man for himself under Lungu – Milupi
- ACC probes Health Minister for corruption
- Chilubi outcome shows 2021 polls won’t be free and fair – AVAP
- Criminals are changing tactics, soldiers can’t root them out instantly – Chama
- Bill 10 has polarized Zambia – Kabimba
- Lungu renews Bible Society membership, as netizens drag him back to gassing
- Soko not entitled to any of his claims, RTSA tells court
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend