by Omphile Ndlovu on 21 Sep 2019by Diggers Correspondent on 21 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 20 Sep 2019by Ulande Nkomesha on 20 Sep 2019
by Stuart Lisulo on 19 Sep 2019by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 19 Sep 2019by Julia Malunga on 17 Sep 2019by Stuart Lisulo on 17 Sep 2019
by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 19 Sep 2019by Zondiwe Mbewe on 18 Sep 2019
- Goal Diggers
by Mazuba Muleya on 18 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 17 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019by Abraham Kalito on 13 Sep 2019
by Diggers Editor on 20 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 19 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 18 Sep 2019by Diggers Editor on 17 Sep 2019
- Guest Diggers
by Simon Manda, PhD on 16 Sep 2019by Simon Manda, PhD on 7 Sep 2019by pilAto/ Fumba Chama on 7 Sep 2019by Chisoni Mumba, PhD on 17 Aug 2019
- Editor's Choice
by Diggers Correspondent on 24 May 2019by Diggers Reporter on 4 Mar 2019by Andyford Mayele Banda on 29 Jan 2019by Davies Mwila on 22 Jan 2019
by Diggers Correspondent on 11 Aug 2019by Mukosha Funga on 27 Jul 2019by Mukosha Funga on 21 Jul 2019by Web Master on 27 Jun 2019
Juveniles who stabbed man to death at JCS bar appear in courtBy Zondiwe Mbewe on 15 May 2019
Two juveniles who allegedly stabbed a 20-year-old man to death at JCS bar in Lusaka’s Long Acres area, have appeared in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court for explanation of the charge.
The juveniles, aged 16 and 18, were arrested by the police early last month for allegedly murdering Sebastian Lungu.
According to the police, the incident happened after the deceased of Mutendere East, allegedly picked a quarrel with his colleagues and in the process of fighting, was stabbed in the neck with a bottle and later died.
The juvenile offenders who are charged with murder, appeared before Lusaka magistrate Ruth Kapulo, Tuesday, for explanation of the charge.
Particulars of the offence allege that on April 6, this year, in Lusaka, the two juvenile offenders jointly and whilst acting together, murdered Sebastian Lungu.
When asked if they understood the charge, the duo replied in the affirmative.
Magistrate Kapulo then informed the juvenile offenders that they were only appearing before her court for explanation of the charge as she had no jurisdiction to hear a murder case.
She added that the two would continue to appear before her until she received instructions from State chambers to refer the matter to the High Court.
“Every after 14 days, you will be coming here for mention awaiting instructions from State chambers, the docket is supposed to be taken to the DPP,” magistrate Kapulo explained.
The matter has been adjourned to May 27, this year, for mention.
About Zondiwe Mbewe
Zondiwe has interest in writing political and current affairs on issues which affect every Zambians.
Email: zondiwe [at] diggers [dot] news
- 7 Lumwana expatriates were lawfully fired, company tells court - 20 Sep 2019
- Tutwa reports Sangwa to LAZ for “professional misconduct” - 19 Sep 2019
- ConCourt sets Sept 27 for ruling on preliminary issues in LAZ Bill 10 case - 19 Sep 2019
- 120 people sue UPPZ leader for fraud over land - 18 Sep 2019
- Miles asks court to reduce child maintenance fee to K1,500 - 18 Sep 2019
- Thanks to Goswami, Lungu’s chickens are coming home to roost (12,890 views)
- PF need a miracle to pass Bill 10 – Nkombo (2,068 views)
- UK responds with relief food to hunger disaster (2,062 views)
- Lungu’s continued association with Findlay damaging the Presidency - KBF (1,504 view)
- Power is like buttocks, when you go up, prepare to go down (1,038 view)
- Zesco tariffs to go up by 75%, we also need to revise fuel prices - Minister
- HH shouldn’t be moving around like a cockroach in the kitchen - Bowman
- Germany ambassador offers to help FAZ find a coach
- Airtel agent in court for defiling wife’s sisters
- We warned Lungu over his friendship with Valden Findlay
Subscribe For News In Email
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend