- UPND vice president for administration Geofrey Mwamba has demanded that Government releases RDA for an audit.
- The Zambia Bureau of Standards says it is happy with record increase in the number of samples tested the industry in 2016.
- Civil Society for a poverty Reduction has called for the segmentation for the commercially and subsidised produced maize in order to fairly determine market for the prices of mealie meal
- Transparency International Zambia has demanded for a comprehensive report on the Zambia-Malawi maize gate scandal.
- UPP has charged that the fire that gutted the ministry of agriculture in Malawi is scheme aimed at tempering with evidence by accused officials in the scam.
- The Tanzanian High Commission has disclosed that Zambian truck drivers will no longer be required to obtain a business permit and will be exempted to pay 200 dollars fee when entering Tanzania.