- Zambia’s electricity generation capacity has increased to 1573 megawatts against the big demand of 1900 megawatts Energy Minister David Mabumba has attributed the increase in power generation to improvement in water levels.
- Eastern Province Permanent Secretary Chanda Kasolo has assured the farmers in the province that all the challenges experienced during the implementation of the rolled out E-voucher system have now been ironed out.
- SACCORD has urged the ruling Patriotic Front to be receptive to the willingness the opposition UPND has shown to dialogue.
- Restless Zambia country director Harriet Mwiinga says there is need for the country to take advantage of the achievement attained in the 6th national development plan.
- The industrial development co-operation has dissolved the board of directors of ZAMTEL, the state owned telecommunication company will effect from the 19th of February 2017.