- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Articles by Sishuwa SishuwaHome / Articles posted by Sishuwa Sishuwa
About Sishuwa Sishuwa
Sishuwa Sishuwa is the last Zambian nationalist. He is obsessed with all things Zambian, particularly politics and history which he teaches when UNZA is not closed. Sishuwa is a cadre of Nkana Football Club and loves Keith Mlevu's 1976 song, "Ubuntungwa".
- By Sishuwa Sishuwa on March 16, 2020
On 13 March 2020, the Judiciary’s Acting Chief Registrar, Prince Boniface Mwiinga, announced that prominent constitutional law expert John Sangwa would no longer be allowed....
- By Sishuwa Sishuwa on March 5, 2020
On 23 February 2020, Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ) chief electoral officer Patrick Nshindano appeared on Sunday Interview, a Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation television programme....
- By Sishuwa Sishuwa on February 12, 2020
On 4 February 2020, the government, through the Labour Commissioner, cancelled the Recognition Agreement between the University of Zambia Lecturers’ and Researchers’ Union (UNZALARU) and....
- By Sishuwa Sishuwa on January 14, 2020
In contrast to the shortage of authentic, consistent heroes in public life, Zambia had a huge surplus of disappointing individuals and institutions in 2019, as....
- By Sishuwa Sishuwa on January 1, 2020
Ordinarily, I do not respond to reactions to my articles that make no attempt whatsoever to engage with the substance of my writing. I believe....
- By Sishuwa Sishuwa on December 29, 2019
A few days ago, President Edgar Lungu announced a 15 to 20 per cent reduction on his salary and the salaries of both cabinet ministers....
- By Sishuwa Sishuwa on November 22, 2019
On 8 November 2019, President Edgar Lungu, speaking in his first press conference for four years, brought up Zambia’s elections scheduled for 2021 before declaring:....
- By Sishuwa Sishuwa on August 14, 2019
Dear Vice-Chancellor, I write in relation to media reports that the institution that you lead, the Copperbelt University (CBU), has directed all returning students to....
- By Sishuwa Sishuwa on June 7, 2019
Dear Minister Luo, On 29 April 2019, News Diggers published the most recent public comments you have made on the continued closure of the Copperbelt....
- By Sishuwa Sishuwa on May 12, 2019
The first building that one comes across when entering the University of Zambia, which sits on the terraces of a busy motorway to and from....
- By Sishuwa Sishuwa on May 1, 2019
The thuggery of ruling Patriotic Front (PF) cadres never seems to cease and appears to grow more frequent as time passes. Media reports on their....
- By Sishuwa Sishuwa on March 25, 2019
For a long time now, many of us have complained, sometimes with very persuasive arguments, that Zambia is where it is today because of bad....
- By Sishuwa Sishuwa on March 20, 2019
On 19 March 2019, the heart of Brenda Muntemba, 49, ceased to beat, cutting short a soaring career in public service that was so distinguished....
- By Sishuwa Sishuwa on February 25, 2019
On 6 February 2019, Minister of Higher Education Professor Nkandu Luo announced that her ministry had with immediate effect stopped disbursing the stipend, popularly known....
- By Sishuwa Sishuwa on February 4, 2019
On 30 December 2018, voters in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) went to the polls to choose a successor to President Joseph Kabila who....
- By Sishuwa Sishuwa on January 28, 2019
In the 2019 national budget, the Minister of Finance proposed a few changes to Zambia’s mining tax regime. As well as introducing a 1.5 per....
- By Sishuwa Sishuwa on January 21, 2019
Appearing on Radio Christian Voice’s Chat Back programme last week, opposition United Party for National Development (UPND) leader Hakainde Hichilema revealed that mining companies in....
- By Sishuwa Sishuwa on January 14, 2019
In contrast to the shortage of authentic, consistent heroes in public life, Zambia had a huge surplus of disappointing individuals and institutions in 2018, as....
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish! (19,662 views)
- Cabinet debates total lockdown (19,326 views)
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29 (13,597 views)
- Zambia’s economy will take years to recover from Coronavirus - Siliya (4,301 views)
- Chitalu announces 6 more Covid-19 cases (4,041 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «March 2020»
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- State of Emergency unnecessary – Kasonde
- I’ll whip anyone found patronising bars, night clubs, warns Lusambo
- Kabwe council orders immediate closure of retail liquor stores
- Church asks govt to remove sanctions on Prime TV
- Zambia’s COVID-19 cases jump to 35
- Step of Faith sues 2 cops, 80 others for straying on its land
- Govt discourages travel to Lusaka as COVID-19 cases rise to 29
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29
- We’ve started mobilizing funds to fight COVID-19 – Ng’andu
- Justice Without Remedy? A Comment on the Constitutional Court Judgment in the Case of Kambwili v Attorney General
- Philosophy & Homosexuality
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish!
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend