- by Joseph Mwenda on 20 Sep 2017by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Sep 2017by Mukosha Funga on 20 Sep 2017by Zondiwe Mbewe on 20 Sep 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Thomas Mulenga on 20 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 18 Sep 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 17 Sep 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 17 Sep 2017
- by Diggers Reporter on 20 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 19 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 18 Sep 2017by Diggers Reporter on 15 Sep 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Elias Munshya on 18 Sep 2017by President Edgar Lungu on 13 Sep 2017by Diggers Correspondent on 10 Sep 2017by Diggers Editor on 1 Sep 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 14 Sep 2017by Guest Digger on 8 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 3 Sep 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 4 Aug 2017
Magistrate dismisses contempt case against KazabuBy Elias Banda on 20 Mar 2017
The Lusaka Magistrate Court has discharged Luckson Kazabu who was last week detained for allegedly issuing death threats to a witness in a case where lawyer Martha Mushipe is charged with seditious practice.
When the matter came up today, magistrate Felix Kaoma discharged Kazabu who was on a K20,000 bail and recommended that his matter be reported to the police.
Magistrate Kaoma said after extensive consultation of the Law on contempt of court, he observed that the penalties did not make sense.
He therefore advised the complainant in the case to report the matter to the police so that the matter is taken up from there.
Kazabu is alleged to have threatened PF member Emmanuel Chilekwa’s life if he went ahead to testify against Mushipe.
Sylvia Masebo and other UPND officials were in attendance for solidarity.Related Items
Subscribe for email alerts
Weekly Most Digged
- «September 2017»
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend