- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 26 Jul 2017
- Goal Diggers
- by Diggers Correspondent on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 26 Jul 2017by Joseph Mwenda on 26 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 24 Jul 2017
- by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017by Diggers Reporter on 26 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jul 2017
- Editor's Choice
- by Dickson Jere on 26 Jul 2017by Hakainde Hichilema on 20 Jul 2017by Laura Miti on 13 Jul 2017by Stella Sata Rukayi on 8 Jul 2017
- by Sipilisiwe Ncube on 23 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 16 Jul 2017by Mirriam Chabala on 15 Jul 2017by Mukosha Funga on 26 Jun 2017
- Guest Diggers
- by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 25 Jul 2017by David Julian Wightman on 8 Jul 2017by Sishuwa Sishuwa on 6 Jul 2017by Dr. Vernon J Mwaanga on 2 Jul 2017
Magistrate dismisses contempt case against KazabuBy Elias Banda on 20 Mar 2017
The Lusaka Magistrate Court has discharged Luckson Kazabu who was last week detained for allegedly issuing death threats to a witness in a case where lawyer Martha Mushipe is charged with seditious practice.
When the matter came up today, magistrate Felix Kaoma discharged Kazabu who was on a K20,000 bail and recommended that his matter be reported to the police.
Magistrate Kaoma said after extensive consultation of the Law on contempt of court, he observed that the penalties did not make sense.
He therefore advised the complainant in the case to report the matter to the police so that the matter is taken up from there.
Kazabu is alleged to have threatened PF member Emmanuel Chilekwa’s life if he went ahead to testify against Mushipe.
Sylvia Masebo and other UPND officials were in attendance for solidarity.Related Items
Weekly Most Digged
- «July 2017»
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
The News Diggers
Plot No. Lus/9812/649-MC8
off Alex Chola Road
P.O. Box 32147
Telephone or WhatsApp:
+26-097-7708285, 095-3424603, 096-5815078
diggers [at] diggers [dot] news
editor [at] diggers [dot] news
Send this to a friend