- Goal Diggers
- Guest Diggers
Teacher in court for corrupt practicesBy Diggers Reporter on 22 Dec 2017
A 35-year-old Olympia Park Secondary School teacher has appeared in the Lusaka Magistrates’ Court for corrupt practices
Jacob Shawa was dragged to court by the Anti-Corruption Commission.
Shawa, being a public officer, is alleged to have corruptly solicited for and received the sum K1,000.00 cash as gratification from Ester Tembo, a General Certificate of Education examinations candidate at the said school.
According to the indictment, Shawa promised to make sure Tembo passed the exams in exchange for the money, a transaction concerning the Ministry of Education, a public body.
Shawa, who was in the company of ACC prosecutors, had his case allocated to magistrate Albert Mwaba and he will take plea soon.
Meanwhile, two men of Chamba Valley have also appeared in court for personating Zambia Air Force officers.
Evaristo Samwingi and Joe Chitengi, who are both general workers, are alleged to have between October and December 2, 2017 falsely presented themselves to Truth Kaywa Paul as persons employed by ZAF.
They solicited for K150 as commission for an application letter to be employed in ZAF.
About Diggers Reporter
The Diggers Reporter brings you all the latest news.
- Castle Lager postpones 2020 Africa 5s due to COVID-19 - 27 Mar 2020
- Police nab ‘Spax’ for murder - 2 Mar 2020
- Mazabuka mob drags suspect out of hospital, kills him - 20 Feb 2020
- Cops sustain injuries in N/West riots - 1 Feb 2020
- Vedanta warns Milingo against defying court order, selling mine assets - 29 Jan 2020
- Cabinet debates total lockdown (30,810 views)
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish! (11,000 views)
- Sangwa asks Lungu to declare State of Emergency (9,593 views)
- Zambia’s economy will take years to recover from Coronavirus - Siliya (8,704 views)
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29 (7,311 views)
Subscribe for news email alerts
ArchivesApr0 PostsMay0 PostsJun0 PostsJul0 PostsAug0 PostsSep0 PostsOct0 PostsNov0 PostsDec0 Posts
- «March 2020»
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- COVID-19 cases rise to 29
- We’ve started mobilizing funds to fight COVID-19 – Ng’andu
- Justice Without Remedy? A Comment on the Constitutional Court Judgment in the Case of Kambwili v Attorney General
- Philosophy & Homosexuality
- Let’s sympathise with Lungu and help him, or we will all perish!
- Cabinet debates total lockdown
- What will be Mr Lungu’s achievements by 2021?
- Chitalu announces 6 more Covid-19 cases
- Zambia’s economy will take years to recover from Coronavirus – Siliya
- LCC not ready for COVID-19, says Mayor
- COVID-19 cases rise to 22
- Topstar removes Prime TV from its platforms
The News Diggers
Deputy News Editor
Send this to a friend